300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBP after elections?

Through some PMs about the Border Patrol with one of the members on o.com, an interesting topic came up, what do you all see happening to CBP after the election?

I worry that keeping our borders safe is not going to be pushed that high on the agenda anymore, what do you all see happening?

I realize that politics will play a huge role on the future of CBP, but let's try not to make it a flame thread .

I don't see much happening, at least anytime soon. I still believe it is going to take another major event to effect any major change in the agency. Even then the change will be temporary unless we get a change in leadership. The agency has alot of potential, but it will never be realized with our current leadership.
    Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

double post
      Last edited by qixfeet; 08-15-2008, 02:08 AM. Reason: double post
      Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkis View Post
        I worry that keeping our borders safe is not going to be pushed that high on the agenda anymore, what do you all see happening?
        That is exactly the problem right there, it’s on the agenda and everyone knows the importance surrounding it yet the topic is looked at like something that can take the back seat when it should be a priority.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

As if border security is high on the agenda right now?

Please, nothing could be worse then the so called border security system we have right now.

Comment

Yeah, I guess it wasn't that high in the first place. It seems as though it had been pushed higher on the agenda these last couple years, especially after Bush' second term. I hope it doesn't change.

Comment

Nothing will happen, either for good or for bad. In the grand scheme of things, elections have little impact on what happens down here in the trenches. Although some high level political appointment people in some agencies might get replaced (Secretaries, Commisioners), most others are career people and really run the agencies. Bureaucracy in the federal government moves a LOT slower than in local governments. All that really changes are the talking points to the media.
              "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkis View Post
                Yeah, I guess it wasn't that high in the first place. It seems as though it had been pushed higher on the agenda these last couple years, especially after Bush' second term. I hope it doesn't change.
                There has been more media attention and more hiring. Media attention means that you (the public) actually find out about some things now, in the past the same things happened, you just didn't know. The hiring is a last minute effort to meet a congressional staffing mandate that came after 9/11. This does not equate being higher on the agenda the last few years.
                "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

Originally posted by yellowreef View Post
                  There has been more media attention and more hiring. Media attention means that you (the public) actually find out about some things now, in the past the same things happened, you just didn't know. The hiring is a last minute effort to meet a congressional staffing mandate that came after 9/11. This does not equate being higher on the agenda the last few years.
                  That answers the question.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4646 users online. 230 members and 4416 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X