300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer Gets Attacked With Hammer, Suspect Gets Fatally Shot

Police shot and killed a north suburban teenager Wednesday afternoon after he allegedly struck an officer with a hammer, according to Waukegan police.

About 2:15 p.m. Wednesday, Waukegan police responded to a call of subjects fighting in the 500 block of Helmholz, according to a release from the chief's office.

Waukegan police fatally shoot teen after struggle

When officers arrived, they found subjects fighting, and when they tried to break up the fight, one subject struck an officer in the head with a hammer, the release said.

A second officer then pulled his gun and fired at the subject, who was pronounced dead at the scene.

Witnesses told the Lake County News-Sun the victim was Jeffrey Lewis, a 17-year-old Waukegan High School student.

The officer who was hit in the head was taken to Lake Forest Hospital in Lake Forest, according to reports from the scene. A second officer was also hospitalized with an undisclosed injury.

The Lake County Major Crimes Task Force is investigating.

I really admire the father's reaction to his son's shooting. Instead of going completely anti-cop he released a statement to the community saying: "Don't do anything hasty. Calm down. Let the investigation run its course."

Read more of the father's reaction here.
    Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Wow, that sounds intense. I'm glad the suspect was taken down, for good! I hope the officer who was struck in the head recovers fully.

Comment

Glad the officer is ok, the suspects actions, from what we know was the beginning of the end for him.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

Sorry my computer went crazy Double post.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

hope the officer is alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Outshined
            Shouldn't the officer have shot the hammer out of his hand, or maybe shot him in the knee or something?
            Trolling is like bell bottoms and the 70's... people think it's making a come back but it's not.

Comment

Originally posted by Outshined
              Shouldn't the officer have shot the hammer out of his hand, or maybe shot him in the knee or something?
              Where have I heard this before?

In this case... a hammer is much harder to get ahold of than a bat, and can be used in rapid succession, add the claw part into the equation and I'd have shot the dumbass too. Happy now?

Comment

Outshined was being sarcastic. That is what the emoticon after his post means.
                Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

I know, I think he is referring to my posts in the baseball bat attack thread! I found it funny, I was being humorous as well, take nothing to heart on the internet.

Comment

Dr. Phil would have talked to the kid rapidly until his brain was too damaged from hammer blows to speak, then he would have died.

Bill
                    Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

Originally posted by willbird View Post
                      Dr. Phil would have talked to the kid rapidly until his brain was too damaged from hammer blows to speak, then he would have died.

Bill
                      That would have been a blessing for television viewers.
                      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6271 users online. 358 members and 5913 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X