Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 hour chase....

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5943941.html

A man who led police on a high-speed chase through northwest Houston and into Harris County Thursday is facing charges of evading arrest and aggravated assault to a police officer, officials said.

After the car chase ended, the man tried to flee on foot and was struck by a patrol car that was involved in the pursuit, officials said. He refused medical treatment.

The chase began about 1 p.m. when Houston police spotted a man in a GMC pickup in the 1000 block of West Rankin.

"They believed he was conducting drug deals at that location," said Harris County Sheriff's Capt. John Martin.

He ran when HPD patrol officers tried to pull him over.

Police said they saw him toss what appeared to be narcotics from the pickup during the hourlong chase. He careened along store parking lots and through neighborhoods trying to evade capture, police said.

The Sheriff's Department took over the lead role when the pursuit reached into Harris County. A deputy rolled out a strip of spikes on Antoine at Blue Mountain as the pickup approached.

"The suspect swerved towards him and attempted to run him over," Martin said.

The pickup driver would soon drive over a second strip of spikes, causing the front tire to flatten. The pickup struck a car parked outside a home along the 6900 block of Deer Ridge. The driver ran from the truck and into the front yard.

When the lead sheriff's patrol car came to an abrupt stop, the deputy following had to swerve toward the front yard, officials said.

"The suspect ran directly into the path of our patrol vehicle," Martin said.

The man was thrown onto the hood and fell to the ground. He was taken away in handcuffs and did not appear to be seriously injured, officials said.

Local resident Harry Krusleski was at a nearby car dealership when he spotted the long line of police cars racing toward his neighborhood.

"I came in right behind them," Krusleski said. "It's pretty scary. There could have been some kids riding bicycles."
    live feed as it happen.
    ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
    Oscar Wilde

Am I the only one who LOL when he was hit by the cruiser? LOVE it when they're knocked out of their shoes!
    “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Originally posted by justhomp View Post
      Am I the only one who LOL when he was hit by the cruiser? LOVE it when they're knocked out of their shoes!
      Not at all.... I cracked up. I just wish they had a clearer shot.

Dont criminals know to look both ways before darting out of their getaway car?
      "...and the taking of a life is murder. And the punishment for murder is.... well it varies from state to state and by race, but...." - Homer J Simpson.

Police: "Stop and we'll shoot!"
      Dilbert: "Stop AND we'll shoot? If you're gonna shoot, why should we stop?"
      Police: "Well, it would be alot easier for us. The targets at the shooting range don't run."

R.I.P. Momma Coleman. You may have left our world, but you have NOT left our hearts.

Comment

Best use of a push bumper ever! Here's some vids:
        http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/
        http://www.click2houston.com/news/17192293/detail.html
        http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=6327787
        The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
        Ronald Reagan

Comment

That chase would have lasted about 60 seconds here because a supervisor would have said to break it off.
          The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

Hilarious, he should’ve looked both ways before darting in front of a police cruiser…

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

Thanks edge
              I just thought it was priceless the way he ....was knocked off his feet.
              ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
              Oscar Wilde

Comment

Anyone else notice that the shoe flew over the dang house!? That’s awesome! Quality entertainment!
                "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by tony.o View Post
                  That chase would have lasted about 60 seconds here because a supervisor would have said to break it off.
                  same here.......and the initiating deputy would have bought days for STARTING the out of policy pursuit.......
                  The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

What type of car was the cruiser that hit him? When I first saw the video on tv it was from a different angle and it LOOKED like I saw Audi rings on the grill....

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

An Impala. I wonder why the deputy was wearing his western hat in a pursuit.
                      The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

I thought it might be... but I swear I saw something that looked like Audi rings.... oh well, I'm a bit crazy....

Comment

Originally posted by tony.o View Post
                          An Impala. I wonder why the deputy was wearing his western hat in a pursuit.
                          Obviously you ain't from around here

I thought it might be... but I swear I saw something that looked like Audi rings.... oh well, I'm a bit crazy....
                          Dual sirens on the push bumper.
                          The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
                          Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by edg103 View Post
                            Obviously you ain't from around here

Dual sirens on the push bumper.
                            Yeah, but I knew not to call it a cowboy hat.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3365 users online. 160 members and 3205 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X