300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fowlerville, MI Couple Arrested for Child Abuse

People like this should be barred from ever having any more children!!

Police say baby's pacifier was taped into its mouth
    Posted by Susan L. Oppat | The Ann Arbor News August 14, 2008 08:47AM
    Categories: Crime
    State Police at the Brighton post took a 4-week-old infant from its parents Wednesday after they found the baby lying on the back seat of a vehicle with a pacifier taped into its mouth during a traffic stop.

Trooper Rene Gonzalez had stopped the parents' car on I-96 near Fowlerville Road, and saw the baby lying on the rear seat with electrical tape across both cheeks of its face to hold a pacifier in its mouth. The child, whose gender is not being released because of Child Protective Services rules, was not belted into a child safety seat.

Police say they plan to ask the Livingston County Prosecutor's Office for child abuse or neglect charges against the baby's 19-year-old father and 18-year-old mother, both of whom live in Fowlerville. The baby was turned over to its grandparents and the parents were released pending charges.

"Anyone who has worked road patrol for any length of time can speak on the unusual and disturbing things that are seen on a daily basis during routine traffic stops," said Detective Sgt. Kyle McPhee, who was called out to supervise the scene. "This incident would definitely fall under the disturbing side of things. I am just glad ... we were able to get that child into a protective environment."
    The Red, Bold, Italic is my official sarcasm tag.

"I think many years ago an advanced civilization intervened with us genetically and gave us just enough intelligence to develop dangerous technology but not enough to use it wisely. Then they sat back to watch the fun. Kind of like a human zoo. And you know what? They're getting their money's worth"
    George Carlin

I'd say thats a good rason to have a full medical evaluation done on the child. There are forensic procedures in use that can help determine prior child abuse even if the offender can't be identified.

Since m/d had the child I would assume them to be the logical focus. It disturbs me that the child was released to the grandparents, who as most know will lie and cover up for their relations to keep them out of trouble. Sometimes grndma / pa can be as bad or worse.

Other than stupidity, where would you learn that procedure ?

Comment

No offense Tuck, but is Fowlerville... which could be better compared to backwoods Arkansas.

Comment

Other than stupidity, where would you learn that procedure ?
        Exactly.

No offense Tuck, but is Fowlerville... which could be better compared to backwoods Arkansas.
        Luckily for me, I dont classify Fowlertuckey as my home town. The only thing that town has going for it is the Farm Community. And even that is looking dismal. No offense taken.
        The Red, Bold, Italic is my official sarcasm tag.

"I think many years ago an advanced civilization intervened with us genetically and gave us just enough intelligence to develop dangerous technology but not enough to use it wisely. Then they sat back to watch the fun. Kind of like a human zoo. And you know what? They're getting their money's worth"
        George Carlin

Comment

After a hundred rounds or so of babies spitting out the pacifier, crying, having to pick it up off the floor, wash it, put it back in the demon-spawn's mouth, only to have them immediately spit it back out and start crying, there were days where I thought about doing that... Just sayin'.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6502 users online. 362 members and 6140 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X