300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a call

And no, I never made it because it would never have been taken seriously.

I'm by myself with both girls for several days (this was last week) and I come home to the screen door and inner door wide open. The under the counter dishwasher door was open. Things seemed off. I didn't notice anything missing, but it looked like things were looked through. It "felt" like someone had been in our house.

When I told my husband, the first thing he asked was "Is the gun still there?" That was the first thing I checked and yes it was.

But what was I going to say to the police?
    "Hi. Nothing is missing that I know of, but someone came into my home and opened my non-working dishwasher."
    http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

lol... well, glad nothing was stolen...

You might want to invest in some better locks or security for your house.

Judging from Smurfette's thread, I hear geese make fine yard dogs... you just have to not eat them.

Comment

We had a B&E some time back. Suspect broke in, drank the milk, did the dishes and left.

Go figure.

Edited to add: Yes to the geese!
      sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Not eat them? But they taste so good!

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
          We had a B&E some time back. Suspect broke in, drank the milk, did the dishes and left.

Go figure.

Well, whomever it was could have at least done some laundry. The diapers were already done. Just waiting to be hung out.

Comment

Go figure.

sounds like a good trade to me..
            summer - winter - work

Comment

It was at that very moment that I realized I did not want to do a B&E...i just wanted to kick a door open!!

- Dane Cook

NSFW Language
              http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ivXrhdSnSl4
              A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

Glad nothing was taken, especially the gun.

Sounds like you should invest in some new locks.... Preferably ones with deadbolts that go into a nice sturdy door frame.
                "...and the taking of a life is murder. And the punishment for murder is.... well it varies from state to state and by race, but...." - Homer J Simpson.

Police: "Stop and we'll shoot!"
                Dilbert: "Stop AND we'll shoot? If you're gonna shoot, why should we stop?"
                Police: "Well, it would be alot easier for us. The targets at the shooting range don't run."

R.I.P. Momma Coleman. You may have left our world, but you have NOT left our hearts.

Comment

I might have called anyway. They would take you seriously enough to file a police report, which would be nice to have if 2 weeks down the road you realize that something was stolen.

But not every B&E is a burglary. A lot of times people are so intoxicated that they do things like that. I remember a guy in high school who got real messed up and walked into his neighbor's house thinking it was his own. He made himself a bowl of cereal, sat down to watch TV, and was woken up by the cops after the homeowner discovered him in the morning.

Comment

We are so far out in the country that I am guessing it was a neighbor stopping by. If I had to guess. Random drunk would be very unusual.

It could have also been a racoon????

Comment

Maybe they were just really thirsty and wanted to repay for taking the milk.

Comment

This is the time you NEED to call the police. Knowing you are alone, with your kids, why would you walk into your own house? Knowing there is a gun in your residence, the door was wide open, you decided to walk in anyway? Eh, stupid move on your part. I'm just glad no one was in there. You should never assume.
                        Your mom...

Comment

In my city, response time for a completed burglary is so slow(4-8 hours according to a couple people I know, 3 hours according to the PD's website, and the vast majority not investigated) that I would not bother to report if losses were less than the insurance deductible unless I needed to for insurance purposes or I knew who did it. I would, however, wait a reasonable time for them to(most likely) leave if they hadn't already and then enter with someone(no kids accompanying of course). In other cities, it would be a different story.

Comment

Im glad everthing is OK! But next time, call before you go in. The police will be glad to clear the house for you. Well, some of them will!
                            The Red, Bold, Italic is my official sarcasm tag.

"I think many years ago an advanced civilization intervened with us genetically and gave us just enough intelligence to develop dangerous technology but not enough to use it wisely. Then they sat back to watch the fun. Kind of like a human zoo. And you know what? They're getting their money's worth"
                            George Carlin

Comment

I am always willing to clear people's houses, it's a great training op for my trainees if nothing else. My dept. always leaves burglary victims with a "supplemental loss form" for the victim to fill out later should they find additional missing items. You would be surprised at the things you will miss on initial inspection. Then when you try and file the report a month down the road when you realize your grandmother's diamond ring is missing, the cop won't look at you like, "Why didn't you report this a month ago".
                              Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                              Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4924 users online. 265 members and 4659 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X