Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ANOTHER Phoenix Home Invasion- with AK's, Body Armor

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ANOTHER Phoenix Home Invasion- with AK's, Body Armor

    http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/s....372ab53c.html

    -- The search is on for at least two men believed to be involved with a deadly home invasion in Tolleson.



    August 11, 2008

    Suspects wore body armor, carried AK-47s It happened at about 9 p.m. Sunday near 91st Avenue and Lower Buckeye Road.

    Three men reportedly tried to bust into a home in the neighborhood.

    According to Phoenix police, at least one suspect is dead after the homeowner pulled a gun and fired in self defense.

    Police said that homeowner was also shot in the confrontation. His injuries reportedly were life threatening.

    A neighbor said she saw a suspicious-looking car before bullets started flying, and knew something was not right.

    "It came down the street here, and then it backed up and just sat there, like right in the middle the intersection," the woman said. "That really didn't sit right with me, how that felt. I went back into the house and about three minutes later I heard between 10 and 12 gunshots, and so I called CrimeStops right away."

    Police are searching for two other men who were seen leaving the area in a gray or silver P.T. Cruiser with the personalized Arizona Diamondbacks license plate. The partial number on that plate is T-M-O.

    According to neighbors, the suspects were wearing full body armor and were armed with AK-47 assault rifles.

  • #2
    Sounds like somebody didn't pay up...

    Comment


    • #3
      Yeah...there's probably more to this story than meets the eye. I somewhat doubt a couple of thugs are going to go to all the trouble to acquire assault rifles and "full body armor" (whatever that means) just to do a regular old push-in.
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

      "You've got to be good in this business, but you've got to get a lot of breaks. If you don't realize that, if you really think you're sitting here because of your genius or anything, I don't know, maybe your background is different, but I got my butt kicked a lot at every level, including this one."

      - Stan Van Gundy

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Back to NYC View Post
        Yeah...there's probably more to this story than meets the eye. I somewhat doubt a couple of thugs are going to go to all the trouble to acquire assault rifles and "full body armor" (whatever that means) just to do a regular old push-in.
        Keep in mind that a number of these incidents have been happening for at least a couple of years now. Many of them have not been reported in the media. AZ LEOs can substantiate that.

        Comment


        • #5
          Gang members who received military training and somehow acquired military grade weapons and body armor?

          Obviously the robbers were expecting armed resistance, so maybe they knew the victim already.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Defender77 View Post
            Gang members who received military training and somehow acquired military grade weapons and body armor?
            Possibly, I know that's becoming more of a problem. What I have heard mentioned is Mexicans coming after human smugglers, or perhaps drug runners. In my mind it's also possible there's some sort of connection between this and the border incursions that have been mentioned here recently.

            Comment


            • #7
              Previous stories

              http://michellemalkin.com/2008/06/28...ican-military/

              http://www.red-alerts.com/comintern/...home-invasion/

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by velobard View Post
                Possibly, I know that's becoming more of a problem. What I have heard mentioned is Mexicans coming after human smugglers, or perhaps drug runners. In my mind it's also possible there's some sort of connection between this and the border incursions that have been mentioned here recently.
                You hit the nail on the head there buddy...drugs and human smugglers are both usually connected....when something like this goes down it isn't every day Joe Citizen that's getting their house invaded it's some P.O.S. that's been up to no good. This kind of thing is happening more and more....it'll take an Officer getting shot before the City or State does anything as far as training and informing us about what's going on....They're still in denial and refuse to admit that the Cartels are snatching up ex-military.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I've heard mentioned Mexican military (working for mexican "mafia" and cartels) doing these things for a few years now...

                  Another reason we need secure borders...
                  “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

                  "You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by HotSoup View Post
                    ....when something like this goes down it isn't every day Joe Citizen that's getting their house invaded it's some P.O.S. that's been up to no good.
                    Part of the problem is that these folks aren't going to worry too much about collateral damage.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      There was a great gang land episode covering the mexican/hispanic gangs having members enter in the military to acquire specialized/warfare training and experience. I guess it would be pretty easy to acquire gear also from insiders in supply units especially. Pretty hard for a typical copper to deal with when you are facing superior protection, firepower, and they have an understanding of proper us of cover and concealment, fields of fire and use of suppresive fire.

                      I guess stuff like this will come up in the next few years as a few bad apples come back from deployments, get out, or are discharged.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by NORCOCOP View Post
                        There was a great gang land episode covering the mexican/hispanic gangs having members enter in the military to acquire specialized/warfare training and experience. I guess it would be pretty easy to acquire gear also from insiders in supply units especially. Pretty hard for a typical copper to deal with when you are facing superior protection, firepower, and they have an understanding of proper us of cover and concealment, fields of fire and use of suppresive fire.

                        I guess stuff like this will come up in the next few years as a few bad apples come back from deployments, get out, or are discharged.

                        Encountering a situation like this is something I run thru my mind from time to time.

                        You never know.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Sounds like someone owes someone something.... Sounds like they knew who to go for and what to expect.

                          Or your common break in has gone from stealing TVs and jewelry to urban combat....
                          "...and the taking of a life is murder. And the punishment for murder is.... well it varies from state to state and by race, but...." - Homer J Simpson.

                          Police: "Stop and we'll shoot!"
                          Dilbert: "Stop AND we'll shoot? If you're gonna shoot, why should we stop?"
                          Police: "Well, it would be alot easier for us. The targets at the shooting range don't run."

                          R.I.P. Momma Coleman. You may have left our world, but you have NOT left our hearts.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The worst part is even if the average cop has been isued a rigle, ie an ar, they will have received a lot less training with the weapon than the average grunt, soldier or Marine. Especially concering the suppresive fire and field of fire, and distance shooting...Makes for a tough fight to win. Especially with the crunch on department issue ammo, and lack of urdan training enviroments iperformed in real time for the average beat guy.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Gotta keep in mind though, there are hell of alot of cops who are prior military as well.
                              Last edited by AZLawDawg; 08-12-2008, 12:41 PM. Reason: spelling
                              "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 5765 users online. 327 members and 5438 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X