Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Objectivity #2

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Objectivity #2

    For the sake of the lesson, we will assume that the DV complaint against the officer is proven in all parts, including those involving his weapon, so just accept that for now. The assignment you have been given is to investigate the actions of the police station that first took the report. What do you do, who do you talk to, what tone do you take?

    Monday, August 11, 2008
    Woman injured in head during fight with cop


    A WOMAN accused a policeman of pistol-whipping her and threatening her with a gunshot last Thursday.

    Ethel Mae Maraon, 38, filed a complaint before the City Internal Affairs Service saying a policeman assigned at the Compact Police Station in front of the Cebu City Hall assaulted her.

    Maraon said PO2 Ramil Labus pointed his pistol at her and hit her in the head.

    Labus is the brother of Maraon’s live-in partner, Hubert.

    Maraon, who paid a visit to the Sun.Star Cebu newsroom Friday, said she and Labus did not get along well. They lived in the same house.

    Maraon said they had domestic squabbles with Labus but it was the first time he turned violent.

    Maraon said that when Labus arrived, he allegedly pointed his pistol at her and hit her with it.

    With her head bleeding, he allegedly brought the firearm close to her head and aimed at the wall. Maraon said the shot rang in her ears and that she was terrified because the gun was so close to her face.

    Still bleeding, Maraon crossed the street to the nearby Guadalupe Police Station to report the incident.

    But they reportedly did not go back to the house with her and only recorded her complaint of grave threats and serious physical injuries in their blotter.

    Maraon said that when she returned to the house, Labus had already cleaned up the place. Maraon said the empty shell from the pistol and a damaged pair of jeans as a result of the shooting were already missing.

    “He wanted to make it appear that I purposely hit my head on the wall. Why would I do that?” Maraon said.

    She said she went to a hospital to have her wound treated.

    Labus could not be reached for comment as he was not on duty when Sun.Star called.

    Maraon said Hubert was willing to stand as witness in her complaint

  • #2
    Originally posted by cmr164 View Post
    For the sake of the lesson, we will assume that the DV complaint against the officer is proven in all parts, including those involving his weapon, so just accept that for now. The assignment you have been given.......
    Lesson??? Assignment???

    You have a lot of balls marching in here, deciding you are going to teach us lessons and give us assignments, especially after having posted other messages (Lets wake up, Objectivity) designed to goad us into disproving your negative opinions about the biases and objectivity of the members of this forum. There were better ways to make your point without insulting us.

    Providing you with thoughtful and detailed answers to the question posed in this thread will take a considerable amount of time to formulate in writing. Given that you have asked this question for no apparent reason other than to "teach us a lesson" we never asked for, I do not care to waste my time responding. However, if it is really that important to you, I will answer. I charge $95 per hour for consulting services with a four hour minimum. I also accept PayPal. If you would like to proceed, please PM me for payment instructions.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

    Comment


    • #3
      That's a lot of hostility and very little objectivity. Care to try again?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by cmr164 View Post
        That's a lot of hostility and very little objectivity. Care to try again?
        As I said before, I would be happy to respond. $95 per hour, four hour minimum. I accept PayPal. PM me for payment details
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

        Comment


        • #5
          I'd call my captain an idiot for getting you to give me assignments and posting on the internet.
          “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by cmr164 View Post
            That's a lot of hostility and very little objectivity. Care to try again?
            Pompous aren't we? When you first appeared on O.com, I really didn't know what to make of you. Thanks for clearing it up for me.
            "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson
            ______________________


            ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by L-1 View Post
              As I said before, I would be happy to respond. $95 per hour, four hour minimum. I accept PayPal. PM me for payment details
              Must be nice to be retired But you know if a 33 year veteran Lt can't drop his personal dislikes and preconceived notions then maybe I am expected too much from the others. I do know that LEOs have benefited from these kinds of examples and I am very surprised at the hostility.

              Comment


              • #8
                I'll stay out of this one.

                (Don't want anyone to think I may be "incompetant", ya know?)


                .
                "Yes sir, I know you have rights."
                "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by cajunguy View Post
                  I'll stay out of this one.

                  (Don't want anyone to think I may be "incompetant", ya know?)


                  .
                  Confucius say 'Better to be incompetent than incontinent'.
                  “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by cmr164 View Post
                    Must be nice to be retired But you know if a 33 year veteran Lt can't drop his personal dislikes and preconceived notions then maybe I am expected too much from the others. I do know that LEOs have benefited from these kinds of examples and I am very surprised at the hostility.
                    When you post messages elsewhere on o.com that generalize and imply blanket racism and discrimination by the members of this board, and then ask us to jump through your "objectivity" hoops to disprove your findings and teach us lessons in this area you feel we so richly deserve, it does not engender warm and fuzzy feelings about you, nor does it incline anyone to do you any favors.

                    It's not a matter of helping others benefit from the example, nor is it a matter of hostility. Its more about not letting you manipulate us.

                    Again, if you are sincere in your request I will renew my offer. I would be happy to respond to your scenario question. I charge $95 per hour with a four hour minimum. I accept PayPal. PM me for payment details.
                    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      He is convinced that he is smarter than everyone on here unless they mindlessly agree with him. He has decided that he will pass on his years of law enforcement experience to the ignorant masses at O.com. You do know that we are all racist, uneducated, corrupt and incapable of doing our jobs without incredible scrutiny. He is here to fix it. I don't see why everyone is picking on him..........
                      The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                        When you post messages elsewhere on o.com that generalize and imply blanket racism and discrimination by the members of this board, and then ask us to jump through your "objectivity" hoops to disprove your findings and teach us lessons in this area you feel we so richly deserve, it does not engender warm and fuzzy feelings about you, nor does it incline anyone to do you any favors.
                        A. the favor isn't to me.

                        B. write me a PM where you find examples of me not being objective and I'l happily straighten out any misunderstanding on my part.

                        C. If you can honestly say you don't see racism expressed on this forum then PM me and I'll give you examples. In the interests of not getting into fights, I am not going to do that here and if you do PM me for examples I would expect you to respect that confidentiality.

                        D. I cry buckets over your lack of "warm and fuzzy thoughts", but what I'm looking for is objectivity and professionalism.

                        Originally posted by L-1
                        It's not a matter of helping others benefit from the example, nor is it a matter of hostility. Its more about not letting you manipulate us.

                        Again, if you are sincere in your request I will renew my offer. I would be happy to respond to your scenario question. I charge $95 per hour with a four hour minimum. I accept PayPal. PM me for payment details.
                        E. This is a public forum where those of us who are in LE or used to be in LE or those who are just interested in LE can exchange thoughts, ideas, and experiences. Your worries about being "manipulated" imply a level of power to me that i don't have and don't want.

                        F. Given your level of experience, I can probably get you some consulting gigs here if you come for a visit. Not at US rates of course but the work and the location are both rewarding and enjoyable.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by cmr164 View Post
                          C. If you can honestly say you don't see racism expressed on this forum then PM me and I'll give you examples. In the interests of not getting into fights, I am not going to do that here and if you do PM me for examples I would expect you to respect that confidentiality.
                          Coward!

                          "PM me & I'll give you examples." blah blah blah...

                          GIVE YOUR EXAMPLES OR REFRAIN FROM SAYING THE PEOPLE HERE ARE RACIST!

                          You've accused publicly, show your proof publicly.

                          I mean really, what are you afraid of?
                          Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by cmr164 View Post
                            For the sake of the lesson, we will assume that the DV complaint against the officer is proven in all parts
                            You have been a strange one lately. Against a member of another dept? Take all pertinent info and if need be, apply for a warrant.

                            Member of my dept? This situation has "criminal overtones", it will be forwarded to IAD.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Answered in PM. This thread is about objectivity not about racism.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 5877 users online. 322 members and 5555 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X