300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Brutality.

Would You consider this to be Police Brutality?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azBvWWYTBa8

If yes, why?
    If no, Why?

I don't believe it to be Police brutality. The perp resisted arrested, the officers used the necessary force to get the perp to comply.
    Last edited by John2008; 08-10-2008, 02:40 PM.
    "Why you harassing me?"

Nope.....suspect resists, get ASPed till resistance stops........

next question......
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
      Nope.....suspect resists, get ASPed till resistance stops........

next question......
      ^^^What he said^^^

Comment

Why do you think they give us impact weapons? for decorations? All these taser incidents used to be handled differently. Either by brute force, OC, or ................batons/asps.

It was justifiable use of force

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

What the Law says

20.45. Peace Officer May Use Force to Prevent Escape or Overcome
          Resistance.
          Any peace officer
          who has reasonable cause to believe that a person to
          be arrested
          has committed an offense may use reasonable force to effect the
          arrest, to prevent escape or to overcome resistance.
          A peace officer who makes or attempts to make an arrest need not
          retreat or desist from his efforts by reason of the resistance or the threatened
          resistance of the person being arrested; nor shall such officer be deemed an
          aggressor or lose his right of self-defense by the use of reasonable force to
          effect the arrest or to prevent escape or to overcome resistance.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++

Dufus in the film resisted arrest and was given some "Pain Compliance Techniques"

GOOD JOB by the Officers.

Comment

Use of force is rarely pretty. Even when authorized and needed.
            Last edited by Monkeybomb; 08-10-2008, 03:34 PM.
            The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Just a thought...
              Most people, specially the ones that hate cops, will call any type of arrest use of force.

If he resistance....thats on him. Of course, people take about 10 to 20 seconds of a film and blame the cops. Now which one would step up and do this job??
              ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
              Oscar Wilde

Comment

Citizen Training

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8

Comment

Is there ANY way to take a picture of road kill and make it look "pretty?????" Nope, it's always going to look nasty. Use of force? Same thing.
                  Space for rent .........

Comment

LOL,I remember this.
                    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

The part that would have the general public confused is that they see a man who is being held down being beaten with a club.

I can see that the man is resisting being handcuffed. I am guessing that is what justifies the use of the club.

The public still won't see the need for the club, given that the man is down and is not harming the police officers nor does he appear to be a threat to the police officers.

I understand the justification as approved police procedure. I can also understand how this could be seen as brutality. Not saying that view is correct. But I can understand it.
                      Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
                      Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
                      A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

Originally posted by texaschickeee View Post
                        Just a thought...
                        Most people, specially the ones that hate cops, will call any type of arrest use of force.

If he resistance....thats on him. Of course, people take about 10 to 20 seconds of a film and blame the cops. Now which one would step up and do this job??
                        In Chicago, any arrest made by an on-duty police officer includes what is called use of force according to CPD policy. The lowest level in the CPD use-of force continuum is simple presence of an on-duty PO.

Comment

No this was not excessive use of force.

Comment

No blows to the head or any other vital area, just strikes to the legs....pain compliance is often needed to overcome resistance. and apparently all strikes stopped when he was cuffed.

Comment

I suppose the police should have asked nicely.

"Oh, Mr. Big Mean Thug, sir. Would you be so kind as to put your strong, manly hands behind your back, pretty please?"

Being cooperative and all, he would have agreed with the simple request.
                              http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5325 users online. 296 members and 5029 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X