300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of beheading -- very creative

SWANSEA, England — Britain is agog over the particularly gruesome suicide of businessman and gym owner Gerald Mellin, 54, on the roads surrounding his home in Swansea last September 14th. The details of Mellin's death have just come to light as an inquest has concluded the beheading death was in fact a suicide.

The details are shocking. That morning Mellin tied one end of a long rope to a tree in a parking lot and the other around his neck. He then got in the driver seat of his open Aston Martin DB7 roadster and accelerated away onto a main road. When the rope snapped taut, his head was severed clear off his body. A short suicide note was later found in the corpse's pocket.

Mellin, who reportedly had a history of steroid abuse and depression, was going through a contentious divorce from his second wife when he decided to take his own life. He had run up large debts with the intent, his second wife claimed to several British newspapers, of leaving her with nothing.

"He would say suicidal thoughts," Mirielle Mellin told the BBC, "but I never actually believed that he would do anything. It was always a cry for help with Gerald. That's why I find it hard to believe this time."

Considering the extreme nature of the suicide, the former Mrs. Mellin surely isn't alone in her disbelief.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

What a horrible waste of an Aston Martin.

Comment

I have not seen the word "agog" used in a long time..
      summer - winter - work

Comment

This sounds a little weird but I always feel a little admiration for someone who does something insane like this. It's like.. well I wish he wouldn't have killed himself but damn, at least he left nothing for chance.

Comment

Originally posted by CajunController View Post
          I imagine that was one of the objectives.

Comment

At least he was creative.

Comment

Same thing happened here a few months ago. He tied a rope around his neck the other end to a tree and floored his truck. Head popped right off. Strange scene at first till we figured everything out.
              The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

I read about a guy who put an electric chainsaw on one of those timers that you use to have your lights turn on automatically at night, took a bunch of sleeping pills and laid the chainsaw blade on his neck. He passed out, time passed and the chainsaw got automatically turned on and popped his head right off.

Comment

Yes, I recall hearing about that, too. Not as spectacular.

Comment

I wonder if he put his seat belt on...
                    sigpic
                    Don't make me gassy.
                    You wouldn't LIKE me when I'm gassy...

If you're offended by something that I've said...it was just your turn.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                      He had run up large debts with the intent, his second wife claimed to several British newspapers, of leaving her with nothing.
                      "Mannnn! He left me with nothing, that's why I married him! "

What cruel heart.

Comment

Ahh a good steam cleaning and some woolight be good as new.
                        It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by Ceridwen View Post
                          I read about a guy who put an electric chainsaw on one of those timers that you use to have your lights turn on automatically at night, took a bunch of sleeping pills and laid the chainsaw blade on his neck. He passed out, time passed and the chainsaw got automatically turned on and popped his head right off.
                          There is a patient, who comes in about twice a month stating they want to kill themselves and finally a doctor told the individual the following.

“Why don’t you go home and swallow a handful of Tylenol PM, sit in a bath tub full of water, a running hair dryer in one hand and a loaded firearm in the other and see which one gets you first.” I work in a hospital in case some were wondering.

You're post Ceridwen reminded of that, people always think of creative things/ways to kill themselves.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

Originally posted by CajunController View Post
                            Originally I felt bad for thinking "Dang....he probably ruined the car...", but now I dont feel so bad about it.
                            "...and the taking of a life is murder. And the punishment for murder is.... well it varies from state to state and by race, but...." - Homer J Simpson.

Police: "Stop and we'll shoot!"
                            Dilbert: "Stop AND we'll shoot? If you're gonna shoot, why should we stop?"
                            Police: "Well, it would be alot easier for us. The targets at the shooting range don't run."

R.I.P. Momma Coleman. You may have left our world, but you have NOT left our hearts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ceridwen View Post
                              And then (shudder) there was the man around here about 18 years ago who walked into the grocery store where I was working at the time, went over to general merchandise and picked up a boning knife and pretty much decapitated himself with that (it wasn't clean through--kind of the "Nearly Headless Nick" effect). Low tech works too, I guess.
                              Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear. --Mark Twain

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6262 users online. 355 members and 5907 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X