300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best boots to wear

I am going through the Academy and currently wear some Bates boot. I am looking to buy another pair of boots and saw some Converse Foot Pursuit boots (model 8885) online. I think I want some boots that are light so I can run in them if needed and not feel bogged down. Any suggestions? Are pursuit type boots a good idea or is that not a big factor in boots? Do they have to be waterproof? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I wear Danners, have for years. It is a great boot, but not light. I strongly recommend that they be waterproof/goretex etc. unless you have some sort of inside gig. There is not much worse than getting your feet wet at the start of shift and having them be that way for 8 or more hours.

Comment

Can't go wrong with the Converse. Fantastic boot. Used it my last few trips overseas.

I bought Oakley once, threw them out in 2 weeks. They're great until you run on a wet/slick surface. (Like grass)
      “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

I use the Rocky Paratrooper boots (http://www.rockyboots.com/Products/d...7&subCatId=108 and have just purchased a pair of Rocky Alphaforce boots (http://www.rockyboots.com/Products/d...7&subCatId=108. I love both of these boots. I have had the paratrooper boots for 2 years now and I work in Buffalo and have never had a problem. I just went to the Alphaforce boots for a little change. I highly recomend both of these boots
        Alf

Comment

I currently wear the Bates ICB style boot with a durashock sole. The durashock sole is lighter and more comfortable than I remember my ICB's being and I don't have any problems in foot pursuits. I would not get a boot that was not waterproof unless I was working in a desert, like it was mentioned above, nothing is worse than standing in an inch of water for the remainder of an 8-10-13 hour shift. In the winter the water can freeze when you step in a puddle and that really sucks to say the least. Also remember you may be stuck standing for upwards of 10 hours at a time and comfort is paramount.

Comment

Danner Arcadia.... Excellent boot. Had mine for nearly 3 years. Heard of people wearing them for 6 or more years and only resoling once in that time. I'm very impressed. I would go through a set of boots a year until I forked over the cash for a pair of Danner's.

Comment

Adidas GSG-9 (2nd generation) boots are by far the best that I have worn. Between military, and LE experience, I have worn most everything listed. GSG's have a bit of a break in, but suddenly become truely comfortable, light, and high performanve boots. I have seen very little wear in mine after almost two years of service in SWAT, and street duty.

I had the 1st generation of Oakley SI assault boots. I found them to be the most comfortable out of the box, but as mentioned above, the soles seemed like they are made to make you slip. They actually got better when the tread wore way down. Oakley changed the boot design slightly, and I have a pair ofthe the next generation, but find them to be really uncomfortable.

I'd go with the GSG-9's. Once broken in, they are as close to perfect as I have seen.

Comment

Yeah my vote is for Bates. I used to wear Magnums but the bates seem to be more durable and after you break them in more comfortable imo.
                Last edited by TXDSX; 08-10-2008, 08:55 PM.
                Conduct every traffic stop extending the olive branch of peace; while having a tactical plan to kill everyone inside the vehicle. - Gordon Graham

Comment

I used to wear Jungle Boots as I was used to them from the military. I have changed over to 5.11 atac boots. I linke the 6" variety. I get over a year out of them and they are comfortable. An added bonus to 5.11 is that they give you free socks when you buy boots. While not a sole reason to buy the boots, I like the boots and don't mind getting free stuff.

Comment

Danner Acadia's are great boots, very comfortable, and last a LONG time. When you finally wear them out you can box em up and ship them back to Danner and they'll re-sole them for a very small fee and they're good as new. I usually wear my Justin Trooper western boots but when I don't wear them I'll have on the Danner's.
                    “Any police officer, our sworn duty, our obligation to our society, is to try our best to protect their lives and property. If we can’t protect our own lives, we don’t have any business trying to protect anybody else’s lives.”

“There are not any second place winners in a gunfight. There is a winner. And a funeral.”

“When you get in a gunfight and you draw and miss, it’s a little late to start making excuses.”

Lt. Dan Combs, Oklahoma Highway Patrol (1970)

Comment

On patrol I wear a pair of Bates Ultra-Lites with a composite toe. As a new guy, I'm on a foot post, and they've been very comfy despite the fact that I'm on my feet for my entire eight-hour-plus tour. No blisters or anything. I've had no problem running in them, either.
                      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

"You've got to be good in this business, but you've got to get a lot of breaks. If you don't realize that, if you really think you're sitting here because of your genius or anything, I don't know, maybe your background is different, but I got my butt kicked a lot at every level, including this one."

- Stan Van Gundy

Comment

I have worn the Danner GTX Stryker boots which are awesome. I recently bought a pair of their new Danner Telson style boot. So far they are good to go. They seem to at least look like a cross of the Acadia and GTX.
                        Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

altama exospeed or litespeed incredibly light and good traction check ebay....or botactical.com...clearance on boots cheap...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3008 users online. 143 members and 2865 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X