Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Software for smaller departments (database, arrest records, reports, etc)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software for smaller departments (database, arrest records, reports, etc)

Does anyone have any suggestions for software for a police department? I'm looking for a all in one software for a police agency that stores reports, arrest warrants, arrest records, etc.
    Last edited by occ; 10-30-2008, 02:53 AM.

Deleted my original post...

Really, really do your homework. There are software products out there that make promises, and look good on paper, but are full of bugs, and just disasterous once they go online. Many from my PD are on this forum, and it is presently frowned upon to speak ill of our current new software provider.

PS. It is frowned upon because EVERYONE is doing to the point of extreme...Ominous warning from the ghostly voice of the cyber-abyss...Do your homework.
    Last edited by CUFFS137; 08-10-2008, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Ha, you guys need new software? Bunch of bush-leaguers...you guys probably still use typewriters for certain important paperwork, too!

Oh, wait. That's my department. Nevermind.
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

"You've got to be good in this business, but you've got to get a lot of breaks. If you don't realize that, if you really think you're sitting here because of your genius or anything, I don't know, maybe your background is different, but I got my butt kicked a lot at every level, including this one."

- Stan Van Gundy

Comment

You might look into SOMS. I think it stands for Sheriff's Office Management Systems. Whether you're a sheriff or not it's a grand database, and it'll track incident reports of any type, bookings, warrants, master name files, dispatch records, etc. It's also got interdepartmental email. I used it at two different agencies in two different ways. I loved it.

Comment

My agency has just gone to New World and Aegis or something like that. It took a month to train everyone, they waited a couple of weeks to start the system and most of us forgot our training. I think...i THINK...once we get used to it, it will be better...for now it's a cluster (that's more operational error than the software). My biggest complaint is when they transferred all the incidents from one program to the other, the narratives didn't always go with it. Talk about a PITA!
          sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

My agency of 14 sworn uses Xpediter Patrol C/S.
            sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6809 users online. 365 members and 6444 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X