X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defender77
    replied
    Originally posted by DAL View Post
    Why carry a fanny pack? It is quite a give-away.
    True. I'll have to find a different holster.

My friend has one that fits where it cannot be seen, just hard to reholster the gun once it's drawn.

I think you guys know which one I'm talking about.

Leave a comment:

• DAL
    replied
    Originally posted by Defender77 View Post
    I don't have any plans to go to Disneyland in the future, but when I return I will have a different mindset and quite possibly a heavier fannypack.
    Why carry a fanny pack? It is quite a give-away.

Leave a comment:

• Defender77
    replied
    True, but that only means that they can refuse you entry.

I do not know of any such law.

So did I, as I previously stated. Furthermore, you would expect them to advise officers of any ban on the flyers they sent out announcing free admission to law-enforcement officers last year.

I don't have any plans to go to Disneyland in the future, but when I return I will have a different mindset and quite possibly a heavier fannypack.

Leave a comment:

• DAL
    replied
    Others have said in the past that because Disneyland is private property they can ban firearms, even for LEO.
    True, but that only means that they can refuse you entry.

But my point is that in order for them to enforce such a ban, they have to make it clear to everyone that firearms of any kind are banned...per signs at the front gate, etc.
    I do not know of any such law.

I even tried doing a google search for an official rule from Disney stating that firearms are banned and came up with nothing.
    So did I, as I previously stated. Furthermore, you would expect them to advise officers of any ban on the flyers they sent out announcing free admission to law-enforcement officers last year.

Leave a comment:

• Defender77
    replied
    Regardless of any sign, I do not think you would be breaking any law by carrying a firearm that you otherwise could legally carry.
    Others have said in the past that because Disneyland is private property they can ban firearms, even for LEO.

But my point is that in order for them to enforce such a ban, they have to make it clear to everyone that firearms of any kind are banned...per signs at the front gate, etc.

I even tried doing a google search for an official rule from Disney stating that firearms are banned and came up with nothing.

Leave a comment:

• DAL
    replied
    Regardless of any sign, I do not think you would be breaking any law by carrying a firearm that you otherwise could legally carry.

Leave a comment:

• Defender77
    replied
    Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
    I'm pretty sure they have signs that state that weapons are prohibited.....

They arent really large signs either.....same as Universal Studios, Magic Mountain, Staples Center (where they DO have metal detectors), Dodger Stadium ect.....
    If they do have signs I never saw them, then again I was so happy to be there I could have missed them.

Leave a comment:

• Defender77
    replied
    Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
    Just FYI, the majority of the security staff at Disneyland are in civilian clothes and not easy to spot. The uniformed guys are visible to act as a general deterrent. Also, a great number of security are off duty cops.
    That is good to know.

Like someone said, definitely a target rich environment.

I also noticed a ton of green cones in the main parking lot fronting S. Harbor Blvd and kept wondering what they were for.

I guess they are security barriers to prevent a truck laden with explosives from driving into the park.

If you look at how they are installed, they are strategically placed to block all access to the walkways and entrance.

Leave a comment:

• pulicords
    replied
    Originally posted by LA DEP View Post

They arent really large signs either.....same as Universal Studios, Magic Mountain, Staples Center (where they DO have metal detectors), Dodger Stadium ect.....
    I was at Disneyland last year and left my weapon locked in the car. When I got to the entrance, I didn't see any signs posted and felt foolish for leaving it in the vehicle. Even if the signs indicated a general prohibition, I would probably read it as meaning, "no knives, teargas products, etc.." among the general populace, unless LE was specifically mentioned.

I couple of months ago I went to the Staples Center and was turned away at the metal detectors. I didn't know about their policy. IMO, it makes little sense to exclude LE considering the nature of the surrounding neighborhood and the lack of apparent security in the garages.

Leave a comment:

• LA DEP
    replied
    You know, now that I think about it there were no signs stating that LEO could not enter the park armed.

So, what rule would I be breaking if I had gone in with my weapon and it had gone undetected.

I'm thinking, none.

Next time.

Leave a comment:

• Defender77
    replied
    Originally posted by kknudsen View Post
    And why would the park hold someone liable? Wouldn't it be the "wrong person" hit by the rounds or their family that would hold you liable?
    You know, now that I think about it there were no signs stating that LEO could not enter the park armed.

So, what rule would I be breaking if I had gone in with my weapon and it had gone undetected.

I'm thinking, none.

Next time.

Leave a comment:

• SgtCHP
    replied
    Just FYI, the majority of the security staff at Disneyland are in civilian clothes and not easy to spot. The uniformed guys are visible to act as a general deterrent. Also, a great number of security are off duty cops.

Leave a comment:

• Defender77
    replied
    Originally posted by GGG View Post
    You do realize that you are liable regardless of whether you are on or off duty, in a park or a crack house? Right?
    Absolutely.

Leave a comment:

• Defender77
    replied
    Originally posted by Meat View Post
    You wear a fanny pack even WITHOUT a gun in it? It's 2008. The ONLY reason to have a fanny pack is if you're carrying a gun, or if you're on a guided field day with your retirement community friends. If you're wearing a fanny pack and you're not a senior citizen or a complete, hopeless nerd, 90% of the public immediately knows you're a cop. Yes, I know that's a bit harsh but guys who still rock the fanny pack need to realize that you're not fooling anyone. The average person on the street knows what you've got inside it.
    If you saw me in public chances are you'd think I was a foreigner and most likely a student on a VISA or a tourist.

I kid you not.

Leave a comment:

• Meat
    replied
    I went into Disneyland with my fannypack and the holster still inside.

The people at the front who check bags never seemed to recongize what it was, they only realized I was LEO when they saw my cuffs and badge in there as well.

The security checkpoint guy then asked me if I had and motioned to my body, I'm guessing he was asking if I had my gun and I told him no, left it at home and he said to the effect, "Good. Otherwise we have to get something."

I guess I would have had to secure my duty weapon somewhere had I had it with me.

You wear a fanny pack even WITHOUT a gun in it? It's 2008. The ONLY reason to have a fanny pack is if you're carrying a gun, or if you're on a guided field day with your retirement community friends. If you're wearing a fanny pack and you're not a senior citizen or a complete, hopeless nerd, 90% of the public immediately knows you're a cop. Yes, I know that's a bit harsh but guys who still rock the fanny pack need to realize that you're not fooling anyone. The average person on the street knows what you've got inside it.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3351 users online. 164 members and 3187 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X