300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandmother who drove with girl atop car protests her arrest

Had this little girl been killed or seriously hurt who would they have blamed?...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,1344480.story

Grandmother who drove with girl atop car protests her arrest

TCPalm.com
    8:05 AM EDT, August 8, 2008
    MARATHON - A grandmother spent the night in jail after she drove her car with her granddaughter on the roof. She said it was just a misunderstanding.

Brenda Bouschet from Lake Worth admits her granddaughter was on top of the car while she drove and that officers overreacted.

Bouschet was vacationing in the Keys with her daughter, Carly Lobsinger and Lobsinger's four-year-old daughter Ciarra. Bouschet, Ciarra's grandmother is now charged with felony child abuse.

"They made it sound like I had her crawling around on the luggage rack. Anybody that knows me, knows that I'm far smarter than that," said Brenda Bouschet.

Bouschet says her granddaughter sat on the sunroof for about a minute so she and the child's aunt held her legs and she drove the car slowly into a Publix parking spot.

"It wasn't even registering on the speedometer. I was just crawling. I could walk as fast as I was moving," said Bouschet, "She's my only granddaughter and I adore her. She adores me. She wanted to sit up there. I didn't see any harm in it."

The family says authorities felt pressured into throwing the book at Bouschet because several people complained, including a firefighter.

"I'm a nurse. Ive been married for 30 years. I've got three educated daughters," said Brenda Bouschet, "I've never been in trouble. I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I'm a good person. I'm a Christian."

The child's mother says police treated Bouschet like a career criminal. They say the punishment does not fit the crime.

"Yeah, maybe my mother made a mistake and shouldn't have done that, but, yes they completely overreacted," said Carly Lobsinger the child's mother, "It turned into my mom being a child abuser and thrown in jail overnight."

Now, the family hopes the judge will drop the charges when Bouschet goes back to court on the 28th.

"My mom has suffered enough by having to be in jail overnight and have to have people think she would do something like that," said Carly Lobsinger.

Bouschet bonded out earlier today, after spending 14 hours behind bars. The Monroe county sheriffs office stands behind the charges.

sigpic

Much ado about nothing. It'll be on Nancy Grace next week.
    sigpic
    Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
    And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Gee... Sheriff Joe would hve known what to do with that terrible granny....

Comment

So she was going slow, so what? What happens when a parking space stalker comes careening around a corner and smashes into her?

Comment

Pfft....they won't let me tie baby to the top of the car...they won't let me lock them in the trunk...they won't let me leave them at home...

Criminy...it's like I have to start being a parent or something.

Comment

What's the matter with this old lady? Her and the aunt holding the little girls legs? That's just madness! Everyone knows you ducttape the kid to the roof when driving through a parking lot.

Comment

Originally posted by PB3021 View Post
              Everyone knows you ducttape the kid to the roof when driving through a parking lot.
              That's awful, you should never duct tape a kid to anything.

Duct tape is expensive. Masking tape works just fine.

Comment

You're right, it also leaves a residue on the paint...

Comment

While I can't see this lady spending years in jail, how idiotic do you have to be to not see the danger involved.
                  Space for rent .........

Comment

Originally posted by scratched13 View Post
                    While I can't see this lady spending years in jail, how idiotic do you have to be to not see the danger involved.
                    Mrs Bouschet can you answer this question?

It usually takes half a joint until it sounds like a good idea....

Comment

Originally posted by jakflak View Post
                      That's awful, you should never duct tape a kid to anything.

Duct tape is expensive. Masking tape works just fine.
                      LOL!
                      For every one hundred men you send us,
                      Ten should not even be here.
                      Eighty are nothing but targets.
                      Nine of them are real fighters;
                      We are lucky to have them, they the battle make.
                      Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior.
                      And he will bring the others back.

Comment

This could have been resolved with a "load not properly secured" ticket. I mean come on everyone has bungee cords.
                        Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

Honestly if my grandmother did this to me at 4 I would've loved it. We didn't have sunroofs back then unfortunately. And how is this any worse than a kid on the back of a motorcycle? My son rode with me on my bike at 5... I honestly hope she doesn't serve any more jail time for this.
                          Last edited by CajunController; 08-10-2008, 01:52 AM.

Comment

I dont think she will qualify for the grandmother of the year award.

Comment

how is it that some people are so stupid and lack so much common sense? i absolutely agree with the charge of felony child abuse. she is lucky that her grand daughter didn't fall off and die. wonder if the mother of the child would have the same view if her daughter died. would she still say "Yeah, maybe my mother made a mistake and shouldn't have done that, but, yes they completely overreacted"
                              This is my Glock, there are many like it, but this one is mine

"Anything is possible to he who dares" A.G. Spalding

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5839 users online. 317 members and 5522 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X