300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going crazy alone

so my boyfriend of 5 years just became a nys co about 6 months ago!! am i the only female out there going crazy because they are gone? i know (at least in NY) troopers go through the same kind of thing being away from home!! any words of advice???

What, NYS don't give them days off??? Too far to drive???
    Three Stripes beats Four Aces.
    Retirement: You've Won the War when you're Paid to Stay at Home.

Comment

Originally posted by TGL2008 View Post
      so my boyfriend of 5 years just became a nys co about 6 months ago!! am i the only female out there going crazy because they are gone? i know (at least in NY) troopers go through the same kind of thing being away from home!! any words of advice???
      Do they have a live-in academy or something?
      LAPD

Comment

he gets two days off every four days then every fourth or fifth week he has to work 4 days one day off then 5 days!!! it wouldnt be that bad but with the nys hiring freeze they had for a while there he hasnt been able to swap yet!!!

Comment

oh yeah we live four hours away from the prison he's in so he doesnt come home when he only has one day off!!! it just sucks and i was really moody when i posted that!!! so days its not that bad!!!

Comment

Try to relax and thing about what he is also going threw! If you love this man, you will try to work with him because the last thing he needs is to think that he might loss the love of his life while he is away. That will just make his training harder for the both of you! Try to find other officers wives or girlfriends who have wnet threw this or just a good friend you can talk to or even hang out with to take your mind off of it ! Relax!!!!! You will be find, think about the life that he is making for you and him!

Comment

I'm Going Crazy too

My fiancee is in Trooper School in Georgia and it is a live-in academy. He couldn't come home at all for the first month and now he can only come home on the weekends. Also, they have not been allowed to call at all during the week! This is going to last another 7 months before they are finished. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that is going crazy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3595 users online. 185 members and 3410 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X