300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Ethical Dilemma

I am an academy graduate and am testing with agencies in my area. I am very good about not associating with shady people and not condoning drug use. Here is the question....My girlfriend just had a new roommate move in who apparently smokes marijuana (I have not seen this first hand and she found out after the move in). Normally I would just stop hanging out with that friend but this is my girlfriend and she cant afford to kick out the roommate due to financial reasons.

Do I have to break up with my girlfriend or can I just avoid the house when the roommate is home?

Don't post the same forum in two different section. You don't have to break up with your girlfriend unless you really want to, just tell her how you feel and that it could do harm to your career and tell her to have a talk with the roommate about smoking weed inside the apartment. As long as the roommate doesn't smoke in your presence you'll be fine.
    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Dating a police officer

If your girlfriend owns the house or is on the lease of the house she can also be responsible for drugs in the house. Just have the girlfriend tell the new tenant that she dates a police officer and often has friends over who are police officers and have her sign a form that any illegal drugs found on the property belong to the room-mate alone and your girlfriend is not responsible.

While it might not hold up in court it might be enough to give a wake up call to the roommate that there better not be any drugs in the house.

Comment

No financial situation is a good enough reason to put yourself in a situation like that. Get rid of her as a roommate and find another person. The world is a big place and someone will respond.

Or, let her know that if your GF finds or knows about this activity she will call the police.

I liked David's suggestion as well. Shes dating a "police officer".

Comment

Originally posted by dw1503 View Post

I liked David's suggestion as well. Shes dating a "police officer".
          "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

Kick the b*^#h out (G/F's friend) if you find the pot thing to be true. If your girlfriend isn't cool with that, then move the hell on. It isn't worth it if you're serious about a career in LE.
            1*

Comment

I agree with everyone here also. Thanks for the advice. She should probably understand what it is that I am trying to accomplish by being an officer and not condone it either.

Comment

If she (the gfriend) thinks it's no big deal, you should probably move on. She doesn't "get it."
                sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3146 users online. 137 members and 3009 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X