300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [email protected]#$%#!(*&%

Stemming off this thread: http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67762

She said "yes."

It didn't, of course, go exactly as planned... but it was good enough for me. She just HAD to have her chocolate chunk cookie from Subway right as the sun was going down (I should have planned ahead... chocolate and women = time consumer)... so we missed the sunset, but the colors of the sky were nice overlooking the lake.

I felt like I was gonna drop the ring into the lake, which wouldn't have been good, but I held onto it for dear life.

She wants a winter wedding, so she can wear some sort of "cape" or something... so we're thinking early 2009 (if anyone was going to ask) or sometime around there.

It's definately a different feeling... I still haven't gotten used to calling her my "fiance."
    sigpic

Congrats!
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

'bout time!

Congrats!!!
      Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Congratulations! best of luck

Comment

Well glad she didn't push you into the lake, but if you have a winter wedding she could push you in the biggest snow bank there is in Cheesehead country. Then leave you. Way to plan ahead buddy.

Congrads!!!!!

Comment

Congratulations to you both, Guams!

Tell her to start planning now, it's quite a pain in the butt...!

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'm really excited about this.

Originally posted by Reiland View Post
              Congratulations to you both, Guams!

Tell her to start planning now, it's quite a pain in the butt...!
              And yes... we've already started. Next time I see her we're gonna start writing stuff down.
              sigpic

Comment

post pics..lol
                The proper drinking of Scotch whisky is more than indulgence: it is a toast to civilization, a tribute to the continuity of culture, a manifesto of man’s determination to use the resources of nature to refresh mind and body and enjoy to the full the senses with which he has been endowed

Comment

Congratulations!
                  "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
                  Not Yet Visited: 16
                  Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Originally posted by stangfather View Post
                    post pics..lol
                    Preferably bathing suit pics. Preferably hers, not yours.

EDJ
                    "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

Originally posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
                      Preferably bathing suit pics. Preferably hers, not yours.

EDJ
                      Haha... don't worry, there's no pictures of me in a bathing suit. I'd blind you all anyways with my impressive farmer's tan. I'll get some pictures on here tomorrow sometime.

Thanks again everyone.
                      sigpic

Comment

Don't buy the cow, when the milk is free.

Runnnnnnnnnnnnn, as fast as you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OHHHH, NOOOOOO!!!

Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!

If you do, I don't want you to say years from now that I didn't warn you!

JUST BE SURE TO GET A PRE-NUPTIAL AGREEMENT!!!!!
                        "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyirishman View Post
                          Runnnnnnnnnnnnn, as fast as you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OHHHH, NOOOOOO!!!

Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!

If you do, I don't want you to say years from now that I didn't warn you!

JUST BE SURE TO GET A PRE-NUPTIAL AGREEMENT!!!!!

Dude. Enough. Just because you couldn't make it work with someone doesn't mean that other people can't. Give the guy a break. Don't listen to him Guams, I know plenty of couples who are happily married including my brother and his wife. They were together for a long time, through college and then the tough years when he was in the military. They stuck by each other through everything. Now they own a beautiful house and have an adorable little 1 year old girl who means the world to all of us. Just as there are crappy breakup stories out there, there are plenty of happy endings for people who truly do marry their best friend. Don't let anyone try and bring you down during this occasion. I wish you guys the best, and congrats!
                          "When people show you who they are, believe them." - Maya Angelou

Comment

Guams-Wisconsin stats

The internet is your friend:
                            The total number of Wisconsin divorces that occurred in 2005 was 48 percent of the total number of Wisconsin marriages that occurred. This is slightly lower than the 2004 percentage (49 percent).

Hey Sully49, ever heard of free speach! How about knowledge, rather than ignorance. Guams is going to get married no matter what anyone else says, because he's in love. I just want the kid to keep his eyes open.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!
                            "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyirishman View Post
                              The internet is your friend:
                              The total number of Wisconsin divorces that occurred in 2005 was 48 percent of the total number of Wisconsin marriages that occurred. This is slightly lower than the 2004 percentage (49 percent).

Hey Sully49, ever heard of free speach! How about knowledge, rather than ignorance. Guams is going to get married no matter what anyone else says, because he's in love. I just want the kid to keep his eyes open.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!
                              You mean free speech, as in the exact same thing I was doing? I am free to disagree with you. Call me ignorant all day long if you want, my brother still has a great marriage, as do my parents, and my best friend. Who talks about divorce when someone is getting engaged? You're like debbie downer on SNL, they must've based that character off of you. Have you seen those skits?

Jingle:
                              "You're enjoying your day
                              Everything's going your way
                              Then along comes Debbie Downer
                              Always there to tell you 'bout a new disease
                              A car accident or killer bees
                              You'll beg her to spare you
                              Debbie, please!
                              But you can't stop Debbie Downer!"

"When people show you who they are, believe them." - Maya Angelou

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7799 users online. 375 members and 7424 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X