X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a feeling,,…..

Comment

Not a cop thing, but Army.

I had a 1SG who wasn’t great, but wasn’t on the GTFO list. He might have made SGM if he stuck it out.

He decided to retire as soon as he hit 20 anyway, at E8, for many similar reasons: work/life balance, stress, constant deployments, etc, etc… but that required he get a job to keep his wife in the lifestyle to which she was accustomed.

He became a civilian gate guard at the same post he retired from. Went from being somebody to being nobody overnight. We would wave and say “Hi First Sergeant” when we saw him. It was a dagger in his soul every time. Dude lasted like 6 months, don’t know what happened after that.

My point being, maybe there is another way to find that life/work balance without giving up everything you worked to achieve. Another agency, another position, something that lets you have a little more relaxed lifestyle without throwing in the towel completely.
      "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4751 users online. 291 members and 4460 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X