300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny phone call

My son recently graduated from our local police academy. The week after graduation was spent on additional firearms training and some administrative stuff. Yesterday he was issued his patrol car (his agency has take home cars). They're only allowed to drive them to and from headquarters until he and his FTO ride in his car. The funny phone call I got was when he got home with his car. "Dad, what a P*I*A driving this car is. As soon as I pull out on the road, everyone slows down!" "It took me an extra 10 minutes to get home because everyone wants to drive at or below the speed limit". I couldn't stop laughing.I told him "I guess it's one of those things that you'll have to get used to". I never really thought about it (he hasn't either). He starts on patrol with his FTO tonight. Now I can really start to worry!!

David

LOL

Along with the worry, you must be proud of him, CopDad! Congratulations on raising a son who wants to do such an honorable thing, and has what it takes to get through the training and have his opportunity. I hope it is the beginning of a long, fruitful, rewarding and safe career for him!
    We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
    but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3140 users online. 148 members and 2992 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X