300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW! What Drugs can do to Family!

The last time I saw my uncle was around 4 years ago. I saw him in his Prime. He had his own business, Cool cars, and just making a lot of money. This was a guy that I looked up to. I wanted to be just like him. He was the guy I could go to if I had any problems and he would be more than willing to help!

Then everything just went down hill from there. I later found out that he was doing a lot of unethical business practices, Having an affair, and even ripped off some in his own family. I didn't see him after that took place. He ran from his problems and no one knew where he was!

Out of the blue he showed up at a cousins informal birthday party. He had no idea about the birthday but just walked in hoping to say hi. I did not recognize him at all! He had lost around 60 pounds and just looked like a wreck! He didn't hold that charisma that I was so used to. He looked like a bum and was so drained. I was hoping to get the past few years out of the way but I noticed something that I never thought would happen. He actually went Crazy inside!

He didn't have anywhere to stay that night so I invited him to stay at my apartment with me.We spent the next day together. It was scary since I let him drive. He kept telling me that everyone was following him! A person was on their cell phone in the car next to us and he said, "See I have been seeing that guy wherever I go! I think hes tracking me too."

We went into a parking lot while he identified all the cars that have been following him. He claimed that before we left the car to get some food he adjusted his seats a certian way. Then, when we went back into the car, he said that somebody had moved the seats while we were in the restaurant!

He was talking to someone he knew on the phone then screamed, "NO ADDRESSES!!! You know they might be tracking me!"

He later told me that he did every drug in the book! I see drugs affecting people all the time but it never is supposed to happen in your own family! We are trying to get him help. Geez, he has aged 15 years in a time frame of only 4!! He isn't my uncle anymore, he is a stranger! I just hope that there is something that we can do.

Has this ever affected anyone else? I know that his is a Cop forum but I personally don't know what to do!
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

Oh I have someone in my family like that. She's crazy but not that crazy. She has done pretty much every drug in the book, and we affectionately call her "Crackhead Briana" ....I mean she's a totally cool person without the drugs. I remember how she was when I was little, then she got involved with a loser crowd. Thankfully she has met a good man who's not into drugs and she's trying to get clean. The sad part is though that my cousin who is 16, is heading down the same path as her, while her brother (my other cousin of course) is graduating this year and basically is going to be putting himself through college. He's a really smart kid, has made some dumb mistakes in the past but seems to have his life under control now. Funny how two totally opposite children can come out of the same living environment.
    Never argue with idiots - they just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Chaos, Panic and Disorder....my work here is done!

As her tears fell at his feet, she didn't say "I Love You," what she said meant even more: I laugh, I love, I hope, I tried. I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry and I know you do the same things too. So we're really not that different, me and you.

Comment

You can only do so much to help someone. I look at it like this, I'll do everything I can, but I refuse to help someone that refuses to help him/herself. Quote: "Cocaine is a hell of a drug!"-Ric James on the Chapelle Show.

Comment

Unfortunately, I do know someone like that. We were married for 21plus years. He got hooked on meth and it took me over a year to really notice and understand what was happening. He was very successful in his trade, self employed Contractor, awesome kids .... but he decided to throw it all away for meth.

I have to say that he was always a great dad, always provided for our family and was a very good man. Once he got hooked on that crap, his whole personality changed ... it was like my best friend over night became a total stranger. Still brings tears to my eyes, but I can't and refuse to subject myself or our kids to that. The care and concern he once had went totally out the window after a year on that crap.

It is very sad indeed.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. - Leo Buscaglia

~~ Life's a garden, dig it ~~

Comment

My dad recently died from a cocaine overdose, he was married to my mom for over 20 years. He lost everything including his family. He also used heroin. I am very close to my uncle who is his brother who has pretty much taken me in. My uncle asked him on one of the last times he saw him if losing your family, your life and everything else was worth it. And his only response was "You have never tried heroin". So thats it, my dad was completley taken from me, its so unfair.

So, thats why I want to be a cop. When I get that job nobody with drugs is getting away, its not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sixil View Post
            My dad recently died from a cocaine overdose, he was married to my mom for over 20 years. He lost everything including his family. He also used heroin. I am very close to my uncle who is his brother who has pretty much taken me in. My uncle asked him on one of the last times he saw him if losing your family, your life and everything else was worth it. And his only response was "You have never tried heroin". So thats it, my dad was completley taken from me, its so unfair.

So, thats why I want to be a cop. When I get that job nobody with drugs is getting away, its not going to happen.
            That's pretty harsh, sorry to hear about that. Just goes to show that you can't help the people that don't want to be helped. Good for you for going into something like LE, and making a difference in the lives of others!
            Never argue with idiots - they just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Chaos, Panic and Disorder....my work here is done!

As her tears fell at his feet, she didn't say "I Love You," what she said meant even more: I laugh, I love, I hope, I tried. I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry and I know you do the same things too. So we're really not that different, me and you.

Comment

It is always amazing to me to hear other people's horror stories about family members/loved ones involved with drugs...Because when it happened to me I felt so completely alone...

My ex was a cokehead. For a long time she hid it from me, then one night we were out and someone wanted her to get some coke for them... I pitched a fit, I couldn't believe she was about to do this! And, she chose it over me that night, just as she did for the remainder of our relationship.

She turned from my best friend to this awful monster who made me feel like all the problems were having were my fault...She had affairs, stayed out all night, hung up on me, ignored my calls, etc. It was truly the most excruciating emotional pain I have ever dealt with. It even surpasses close family deaths.

It is unfortunate to see people you know and love so much destroy themselves, their families, those who love them... and all for some stupid drug. They cause so much pain and suffering.

And, whoever gave the Rick James quote, yes, "cocaine is a helluva drug". Apparently.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5912 users online. 346 members and 5566 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X