300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wondering

How do you get over that lonely and/or unloved feeling? Lack of affection in your life?

This truely sucks and sometimes it hits me pretty damn hard especially now that the weather is getting nice.

And don't say get out and join a club or some crap like that. I am very social when I can be due to work and my son but it's damn hard to even find anyone.

Can it get any harder to find that special someone again that just wants to enjoy a nice laid back lifestyle and have some fun with a nice guy?
    Leave Space Empty

Man, how do you expect to meet someone if you don't put any effort in it? Listen, this is going to sound shallow, but evreyone has a switch. You have to be able to turn it on and turn it off. Basically, you have to know how to control your emotions. If you sit around and wait for her, you better order some pizza. Go find someone. If you truly don't have time to look, how are you going to have time to keep her?

Comment

find her in church, thats what i did... and i get to wake up every day next to my very best friend in the world who supports me no matter what...

honestly, pray about it...
      John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Comment

If you want a relationship, stay away from clubs/bars. Meet her through a friend. This way you'll already know a little bit about her. Here's an idea, post exactly what you want, and someone might know someone and be able to hook you up.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT-LINCOLN View Post
          Man, how do you expect to meet someone if you don't put any effort in it? Listen, this is going to sound shallow, but evreyone has a switch. You have to be able to turn it on and turn it off. Basically, you have to know how to control your emotions. If you sit around and wait for her, you better order some pizza. Go find someone. If you truly don't have time to look, how are you going to have time to keep her?

Never said the effort or time wasn't there,just said it's tough and looking for suggestions from people who are/were there.

And believe me I can turn that switch on and off with the best of them but sometimes it's tough. I can control those emotions as well but I don't see an issue with reaching out for suggestions from others
          Leave Space Empty

Comment

If you want a relationship, stay away from clubs/bars. Meet her through a friend. This way you'll already know a little bit about her. Here's an idea, post exactly what you want, and someone might know someone and be able to hook you up.
            Already do stay away from the clubs/bars scene for the most part. Problem is ALL my friends are married and don't have the single friends. Believe me that process was already thought of.

Also,not a big fan of mingling work and personal relationships.

I know it's out there but I think you get my drift
            Leave Space Empty

Comment

I was always ought you don't get your sex where you get your sex. Nothing good can come from that. So I know what you mean. Your kid don't have any friends with single moms? Sorry I can't be more help.

Comment

Well, the way I got over is not for everyone - i gave up

Really, its not worth it for me, i'd rather be alone. It stops getting lonely after a while, and you actually enjoy it. Its fun now living alone. I still do fun things and enjoy myself, i just go alone or with a friend or my sister.

Its nice to be in love, but to me, its totally not worth the hassles that come with it, and the hassles that are involved in FINDING it. I've had love a couple times in my life, so i guess that's been my share. I've been married once, like everyone should be lol...

I do wish you the best, and hope you find someone. Everyone says that "getting out" is the best thing to do, so go for it
                Last edited by Jellybean400; 05-06-2007, 09:35 PM.

Comment

I was always ought you don't get your sex where you get your sex. Nothing good can come from that. So I know what you mean. Your kid don't have any friends with single moms? Sorry I can't be more help.

Figured that...my kid is 4 bro so if he does,I don't it yet
                  Leave Space Empty

Comment

Originally posted by Jellybean400 View Post
                    Well, the way I got over is not for everyone - i gave up

Really, its not worth it for me, i'd rather be alone. It stops getting lonely after a while, and you actually enjoy it. Its fun now living alone. I still do fun things and enjoy myself, i just go alone or with a friend or my sister.

Its nice to be in love, but to me, its totally not worth the hassles that come with it, and the hassles that are involved in FINDING it. I've had love a couple times in my life, so i guess that's been my share. I've been married once, like everyone should be lol...

I do wish you the best, and hope you find someone. Everyone says that "getting out" is the best thing to do, so go for it
                    Thanx Bean but giving up will not be an option although I have thought about it.

As much as hate to admit it,I DON'T want to be alone.
                    Leave Space Empty

Comment

Four, that's fine. Is he in day care? See where I'm going with this?

Comment

Originally posted by GPOC View Post
                        Thanx Bean but giving up will not be an option although I have thought about it.

As much as hate to admit it,I DON'T want to be alone.
                        That's good, you shouldnt be if you dont want to be.

I think i'm alot older than you, and i had many years with a partner, so i'm OK now with not having one. But it did take me years to realize i could be comfortable about it.

Remember, people say the grocery store is a good place to meet. My sister met her b/f there, and they've been together for over 15 years.

Comment

Four, that's fine. Is he in day care? See where I'm going with this?

Oh I do believe that and think about it. I work the 1p-9p shift so maybe I just need to bolt or skip out some days and hit those afternoon parent meetings there.

If the driving distance wasn't an issue in finding someone it would be easier but unfortunately that is not reality
                          Leave Space Empty

Comment

Originally posted by Jellybean400 View Post
                            That's good, you shouldnt be if you dont want to be.

I think i'm alot older than you, and i had many years with a partner, so i'm OK now with not having one. But it did take me years to realize i could be comfortable about it.

Remember, people say the grocery store is a good place to meet. My sister met her b/f there, and they've been together for over 15 years.

You may be older..I am 37 in 2 months but have been off the market since 24.

In all honesty I do know that 1 person who is 42yo that I am extremely interested in but WE don't really know if it would ever work for reasons I won't put on here. Yes we have talked about with one another.

It's almost too good to be true and in all honestly is too good to be true. If time dictates that it would work, I truely think I would be blessed. Just don't see it happening as I NEVER have been that lucky.
                            Leave Space Empty

Comment

I would almost bet I am not the only one on this site that is in the same position.

Hopefully this may help others as well as myself.

It would be nice to hear more from the ladies on their thoughts about it
                              Leave Space Empty

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4158 users online. 257 members and 3901 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X