Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitman2
    replied
    I am a stay at home mom and my husband (Magicman) is a city officer. His schedule is very unpredictable. Our children have a serious medical condition. So for us, it only makes sense that I am always available. It gives us time during the day to be together during the school year and in the summer he spends time with the kids. It works out well for us. During the school year, I volunteer to help their teachers and the school. It keeps me connected to everyone and I'm "in the know". I'm of the mindset that just because their older and in school doesn't mean they need me less, I think they need me more. These are confusing times for them as they figure out friendships and life. I'm grateful that my husband can provide everything we need and want to allow this to happen. And I think stay at home mom needs to be bannished as a word because I don't think I'm ever really here!

Leave a comment:

• Jim1648
    replied
    Does my wife stay at home?

I had to laugh when I read that. You ask if my wife stays at home? Are you kidding, she makes regular rounds between Super Target and Super Duper Wall to Wall-Mart and other stores of that ilk. I think Super Target called the house last week wondering why she hadn't been in shopping yet that day. They were worried that maybe she wasn't feeling well.

Actually she has a couple of part-time gigs. She drives school bus and she also does contract transcription work for one of the PDs nearby. That actually works out pretty well for her because of the flexibility. They e-mail audio files to her and she transcribes them and emails them back. The city mails her a check twice a month and she gets paid by the page.

Leave a comment:

• j706
    replied
    My wife is one of our dispatchers, yea-it bites sometimes

Leave a comment:

• pujolsfan146
    replied
    My wife was a stay at home mom til my boy was ready to go to pre kindergarten. After that she went to work on dayshift and I was on second shift. Now my son is in school full time so I went to graveyard shift so I can be home with both of them in the evening.

Leave a comment:

• OfcHayes26
    replied
    I work two jobs so my wife can stay home with our 4 year old and 6month old

Leave a comment:

• kcsd823
    replied
    Both work, same sheriff's department-different shifts.

Leave a comment:

• just joe
    replied
    Yes. I work two jobs so she can stay at home and take care of my daughter.

Leave a comment:

• Crusader_Zim
    replied
    Originally posted by WASP1 View Post
    Mine works part-time. It used to be for some extra $$ now it seems like it just pays for gas!! LOL
    You guys don't get paid enough in LA.

Leave a comment:

• WASP1
    replied
    Mine works part-time. It used to be for some extra $$ now it seems like it just pays for gas!! LOL

Leave a comment:

• Ramz131
    replied
    I wish I made enough money for her to. Maybe one day.

Leave a comment:

• rcs442
    replied
    He's on the job too - same department, opposite schedule.

Leave a comment:

• Crusader_Zim
    replied
    Originally posted by el_jefe View Post
    Where are you relocating to?
    Indianapolis.

Leave a comment:

• Toad149
    replied
    My wife worked for the same city as I do before we had our first child. After she was born the Dept. hired her as a part-time records clerk. She just works opposite my schedule.

Leave a comment:

• el_jefe
    replied
    Where are you relocating to?

Leave a comment:

• Mike G from NC
    replied
    I voted yes because my wife stays at home with our newborn she says she wants to return to work maybe in June.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3281 users online. 210 members and 3071 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X