300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does your spouse stay at home?

Is your spouse a stay-at-home-mom/dad while you're at work?

I am relocating my wife and son 600 miles just to get a job that has a generous enough salary to allow my wife to stay at home and raise my children. It's what we both want, but I'm wondering how many other cops' wives are stay at home moms that could be a supportive unit for one another.
    Yes
    21.28%
    No
    51.06%
    S/he holds a part time position
    14.89%
    My spouse is also an LEO
    12.77%

I voted yes because my wife stays at home with our newborn she says she wants to return to work maybe in June.
    Thus the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win

Comment

Where are you relocating to?

Comment

My wife worked for the same city as I do before we had our first child. After she was born the Dept. hired her as a part-time records clerk. She just works opposite my schedule.
        Toad

Comment

Originally posted by el_jefe View Post
          Where are you relocating to?
          Indianapolis.

Comment

He's on the job too - same department, opposite schedule.

Comment

I wish I made enough money for her to. Maybe one day.

Comment

Mine works part-time. It used to be for some extra $$ now it seems like it just pays for gas!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by WASP1 View Post
                  Mine works part-time. It used to be for some extra $$ now it seems like it just pays for gas!! LOL
                  You guys don't get paid enough in LA.

Comment

Yes. I work two jobs so she can stay at home and take care of my daughter.

Comment

Both work, same sheriff's department-different shifts.

Comment

I work two jobs so my wife can stay home with our 4 year old and 6month old

Comment

My wife was a stay at home mom til my boy was ready to go to pre kindergarten. After that she went to work on dayshift and I was on second shift. Now my son is in school full time so I went to graveyard shift so I can be home with both of them in the evening.
                          Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

My wife is one of our dispatchers, yea-it bites sometimes
                            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Does my wife stay at home?

I had to laugh when I read that. You ask if my wife stays at home? Are you kidding, she makes regular rounds between Super Target and Super Duper Wall to Wall-Mart and other stores of that ilk. I think Super Target called the house last week wondering why she hadn't been in shopping yet that day. They were worried that maybe she wasn't feeling well.

Actually she has a couple of part-time gigs. She drives school bus and she also does contract transcription work for one of the PDs nearby. That actually works out pretty well for her because of the flexibility. They e-mail audio files to her and she transcribes them and emails them back. The city mails her a check twice a month and she gets paid by the page.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3174 users online. 196 members and 2978 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X