300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "pinned" my son

This morning was one of the proudest moments in my life. After 6 months of a very tough academy, my son was sworn in as a deputy sheriff. He asked me to be the one to pin his badge on him at the ceremony........I was touched by his request and extremely proud to do it. It is an amazing thing to see your kids succeed. This was a goal he set for himself in High School, stuck with it in college and today he got his badge!

Proud Dad!!!

When I read the title of your post "pinned" my son, I feared the worst Glad to here, it's the badge that's being pinned, not you.

Congrats once again, and pass on a "stay safe" to your son
    Last edited by exComptonCop; 04-24-2007, 04:25 PM.
    "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Congrats to you both!
      Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

way to go Dad.....and son.
        ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
        Oscar Wilde

Comment

Congratulations to the both of you.. !!

Comment

That's great! Congratulations!
            Chocolate cures all ailments

Memo:

Get over it already.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats to the both of you!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by copdad View Post
                  This morning was one of the proudest moments in my life. After 6 months of a very tough academy, my son was sworn in as a deputy sheriff. He asked me to be the one to pin his badge on him at the ceremony........I was touched by his request and extremely proud to do it. It is an amazing thing to see your kids succeed. This was a goal he set for himself in High School, stuck with it in college and today he got his badge!

Proud Dad!!!
                  That's neat! I guess everything you taught him growing up finally paid off, huh?
                  Three Stripes beats Four Aces.
                  Retirement: You've Won the War when you're Paid to Stay at Home.

Comment

Nice. Congrats.

Comment

Congratulations to you both. I would be truly honored if one day one of my children bestowed this privelege to me. I can see how truly proud you are. Wish him luck!

Comment

Question:
                        Is this something you could have your father do only if he's in LE or is it normal for sons/daughters to have a family member who isn't LE related to do it?

Comment

Most of the time it is a family member, girlfriend/boyfriend/friend or anyone of your choosig that puts your badge on for the first time. Whomever is important in your life can be invited to such an event at graduation.
                          "Anyone is capable of anything"

"I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be".

-Peter Gibbons
                          Office Space

Comment

Thats awesome I hope my dad will do the same when I graduate.

Comment

What an accomplishment for both father and son! Congratulations!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3208 users online. 182 members and 3026 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X