300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female officers and pregnancy...

Hey everyone! I am wanting to get some feedback from ladies who were on regular patrol and got pregnant. This was a planned pregnancy but it didn't dawn on the to sort out the specifics until it actually happened!

When did you opt to take a light duty position? Did you follow your heart or doctors orders? Did your department make you right away? Any other light to shine on the topic?

I have already advised my LT and Chief, so that someone is aware, but I don't know when I should get off patrol. I am actually a school resource officer and it's not uncommon for me to have to deal with a fight or conduct a restraint. Not to mention on the "what ifs" that come with the profession.

Thanks in advance!

Our department's policy is light duty as immediately as possible upon notification.

Comment

• Kraut0783
      Kraut0783 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ours too....last thing admin wants is to have an officer lose a baby.

Originally posted by AlexJay View Post
    Hey everyone! I am wanting to get some feedback from ladies who were on regular patrol and got pregnant. This was a planned pregnancy but it didn't dawn on the to sort out the specifics until it actually happened!

When did you opt to take a light duty position? Did you follow your heart or doctors orders? Did your department make you right away? Any other light to shine on the topic?

I have already advised my LT and Chief, so that someone is aware, but I don't know when I should get off patrol. I am actually a school resource officer and it's not uncommon for me to have to deal with a fight or conduct a restraint. Not to mention on the "what ifs" that come with the profession.

Thanks in advance!
    What did your LT and Chief say when you told them? They SHOULD have policies in place and answers to your questions...

Comment

Our department puts you on light duty immediately upon notification, they just don't want to take the chance some freak incident causes a loss. If you department has no policy, check with the HR department for the city you work for....some dept's don't have separate policies from the city.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5761 users online. 219 members and 5542 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X