300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why now?

Ok my boyfriend has a little girl whos mom stopped seeing her 3 yrs ago. She let her husband punch my bfs daughter in the face at age 2. The biological mother saw me outside playing with both girls mine and my boyfriends . Now all of a sudden after 3 years she wants visitation rights. I have been a mother to this little girl. Her biological mother never ever paid support nor did she even call nor stop to see her no birthday cards no birthday presents, no christmas cards no christmas presents. She had a mutual friend ask me if she could have visitaion with her.. I said hell no. When she use to see my daughter she may not be mine by blood but she is my daughter in my eyes anyhow.. when she use to see her it was a total of 2 weeks every 6 mnths she would come in and out of her life. She walked away 3 yrs ago because she didnt want her. I am the one that holds her when she cries i am the one that teachers her how to read and write, im the one that plays with her iam the one who puts her to sleep. I am the one that has had to answer the why doesnt my mom love me question i am the one that has had to answer did i do somthing wrong question. I am the one this little girl calls mommy. I take care of her. Now all of a sudden someone is involved with this child and loves this child who is doing her role as a parent she wants to see her. No Im sorry I have been through alot with this little girl I refuse to let her come into her life only to turn her back on her once again. My bf is going to go to the courts and order that she loses all parental rights because of child abandoment..I will be adopting her. She has no right anyone girl can lay on her back and make a baby it takes a real women to be a mom. Im just irritated because she even wanted to try now . I dont think so ..
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...004/hottie.jpg
    "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail"- Vince Lombardi

What you describe happens alot....irresponsible parents walk out on their kids only to want to walk right back in when they've grown some and it's not such hard work caring for them. You and your BF need to be firm and go to court before the mom can wreck any legal havoc with your custody. Good Luck.

Comment

Thank you we are going to court . I am fighting for my child She deserves a stable life and home . She deserves a mom.

Comment

Bless you for stepping up and being "mommy" to this little girl, but I see two problems: The obvious one is that her biological mom is still around and you are going to need a pretty compelling reason to keep her away from her kid; the other problem you have is that you're not her step mom--you're simply taking care of you're boyfriend's daughter--which gives you about the same legal standing as a babysitter, in my opinion. Even if she is declared an unfit mother, she will probably still get supervised visitation if she wants it. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Comment

I think just joe is right...you may have more of a leg to stand on for adoption and things of that sort if you were married to the BF. Not trying to raise any moral argument here but it might also make for a more stable family atmoshpere in the home. Just food for thought. Cudos for taking care of someone elses kid though...takes alot to do that.
          "When I came home, people often asked me about Iraq, and mostly I told them it wasn't so bad. I didn't know how to explain myself to them. The war really wasn't so bad. Yes, there were bombs and shootings and nervous times, but that was just the job. In fact, going to war is rather easy. You react to situations around you and try not to die. There are no electric bills or car payments or chores around the house. Just go to work, come home alive, and do it again tomorrow." - Brian Mockenhaupt

Comment

Originally posted by Proud C.O. Wife
            Thank you we are going to court . I am fighting for my child She deserves a stable life and home . She deserves a mom.

DEAR GOD, HELP THIS CHILD.

LOVE YA PCW

Comment

While I think it's great you want to be a supportive adult to this child, you haven't really been in her life that long, have you? Didn't you only recently get a divorce?

Your boyfriend needs to go to court and settle custody and visitation, you don't really have any legal status. You should also be very careful about sowing any seeds of hate in the heart of a child - no child needs to deal with that kind of baggage.
              Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by willowdared
                While I think it's great you want to be a supportive adult to this child, you haven't really been in her life that long, have you? Didn't you only recently get a divorce?

Your boyfriend needs to go to court and settle custody and visitation, you don't really have any legal status. You should also be very careful about sowing any seeds of hate in the heart of a child - no child needs to deal with that kind of baggage.
                Great post, i agree.

Whats best for the child in the long run has to be decided.

Comment

It's the dad's fight for sure.

The final outcome depends on how he got custody and how hard the biological Mom wants to fight now for visitation.

I don't PCW or her history as well as some of you perhaps.

But it remains that if she's assumed the role of mother to this child...then what does the child think?

We don't pick the one's we love.

Comment

Proud C.O. Wife,

There very is little you can do but your boy friend on the other hand does. Unfortunately, because you are not married to your boy friend, you have very little, if any, legal standing.

The first step would be for him to go to court to establish custody, have your boy friend hire a good lawyer. Unfortunately, with a good lawyer comes cost, they're not cheap. Be prepared for a long fight in court, custody battles tend to stretch into 16th innings! Secondly, court battles of custody for children can bring out the worse out of people, so be prepared to see the ugly side of humanity.

Whatever happens, remember to keep the best interest of the child first. What happens now to her will influence how she grows into a woman and how her mental stability matures. One of the worse things that can happen is a child seeing their parents going at it in front of them.

Good luck and I hope everything works out for your boy friend and his daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud C.O. Wife
                      The world needs more people like you in it! Good luck to you and your B/F in court.
                      My opinion.

Comment

This is what happens when people make rash decisions about getting married and having kids, or having kids and then getting married. You end up with kids with totally screwed up lives and no accurate compass on which to guide their lives and their future decisions.

Both you and the BF need to concentrate on your own until they are raised. Right now his little girl has no mother influence, and only part of her daddy's attention and devotion. Same with your daughter. They both deserve better, but their parents made poor decisions and they'll never get it ("better") now.

It sucks I know, but it's life. When you bring kids into the world, you owe them the best you can do.
                        "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

Proud C.O. Wife,

you sound like a really good mom and your daughter is doing just fine without her egg donor. She sounds like a real P.O.S. her coming in and out of her life is more damaging than not seeing her at all. Good luck.

Comment

thank you all. I have great news . She has been hit with child abandonment charges . She lost all parental rights. Here its 3 mnths then its child abandonment. As for the question on my bf and I being together for a short time. Its coming up on a year. Yes it seems like a short time.. But I love her like I love my Emily. They are my girls. This little girl Ce Ce calls me mommy and has asked me if I am ever going to leave. The answer is no I would not walk away from Emily nor would I walk away from Ce Ce. This little girl didnt ask to be made But Im glad she did she lights up my world along with Emily. As for being married a date is set for July 24 2009. I am going to adopt her. Her egg donor is a POS. She was so hard up to have another child that she secretly went off birth control without my bf knowing and she got preg then walked away from this little girl. Thats not a mother thats a POS and then some. We make each day a great day . We play talk ect. Ce Ce doesnt talk about her egg donor if we go anywhere its so cute if anyoneasks if the girls are mine Ce Ce says yes she is my mommy and Emily is my little sister because Im bigger. They are great kids. I will make them happy throughout there lifes. They are my pride and joy. Thanx again all. Sorry I havent been on to reply its been so nice here I have been outside, with the girls.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. CO
                              DEAR GOD, HELP THIS CHILD.

LOVE YA PCW

All I can say is Smart *** ...lol you are a dork ..Freaken renta-cop hahaha I had to put that just to be a smart *** back.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6332 users online. 373 members and 5959 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X