Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Family member offered a job and has NEVER had an interest in LEO am i crazy: venting

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
    OPs person has 15 years of medical/EMS experience.
    What kind of PD wouldn't want that experience? If that doesn't qualify you I don't know what does. Yeah I don't get what the problem is.
    Be Humble. Stay Humble.

Comment

Seems it’s personal.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I was an EMT and worked with several FF wanna be's who loved talking crap about cops. Most of those guys are now cops because they couldn't land a FF job. It is what it is.. If he thinks the police academy is going to be as easy as the fire academy he's in for a big surprise.

Comment

I suppose if it were just a matter of just a job experiment without significant relocation and ideally with a backup plan, but he will need to relocate to another state requiring him to remove his kids from their school to a new one, his wife will need to leave her job and hopefully be able to get one in the new state. They have a house that will need to be sold so in the mean time until he can sell it he will be paying a mortgage of a house he is not living in plus either rent or another mortgage where they are living and go from a two income family too a one income family all for a job he may or may not like. This all ignores the possibility of failing the academy or FTO program, which if he does not having a backup plan he will either need to beg for his old job back which he will have resigned his position from or scramble for anything that pays. Would you do this at age 38 with a family to be responsible for?

Comment

Dude, chill. People change jobs all the time. People move and sell or rent houses all the time. New kids show up at schools all the time.

Usually it all works out. Sometimes it doesn't and people move back and grovel to get old jobs back. Life goes on.

You are waaay too concerned about someone else's life.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.

-Bob Marley

Comment

The NYPD is full of people that want to be somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by wi law View Post
                I suppose if it were just a matter of just a job experiment without significant relocation and ideally with a backup plan, but he will need to relocate to another state requiring him to remove his kids from their school to a new one, his wife will need to leave her job and hopefully be able to get one in the new state. They have a house that will need to be sold so in the mean time until he can sell it he will be paying a mortgage of a house he is not living in plus either rent or another mortgage where they are living and go from a two income family too a one income family all for a job he may or may not like. This all ignores the possibility of failing the academy or FTO program, which if he does not having a backup plan he will either need to beg for his old job back which he will have resigned his position from or scramble for anything that pays. Would you do this at age 38 with a family to be responsible for?
                HEY

Its him and his family not yours................butt out

You sound jealous
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by wi law View Post
                  Does it sound like a wise move (based on the selective information you provided)? -- No.

But the only person who should have a say in the matter is his WIFE. If she's 100% on board, great. If not, SHE needs to put her foot down. Everyone else (read: YOU) needs to mind their own business.

From your first post here it was clear that you're p*ssed off because he was offered a job that YOU feel he doesn't deserve. I assume you had a heck of a time getting hired on yourself? I wouldn't be surprised if you were DQed by the same department that just offered him a job. Or maybe he's going to be making more money or getting better benefits than you?

Stop pouting...and don't try to sabotage him.

Comment

Why don't you support your own family OP? That's your own blood...

Comment

I reached out to the family member. He’s now running a shinebox pending the academy. Good skills to go along with his EMS work.
                      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Sounds like he got a job offer, but you haven't yet. LE is YOUR dream job, and don't believe he will put forth the passion you will.

Just aint fair, is it?

As others have said, this really is just a job. Yes, just a job.

Stop thinking that the powers-that-be will notice that you're selflessly devoted to bringing justice to the world. They won't. They don't care. They've already seen that this is just a job.
                        You can trust just about every officer you work with to risk their life to save yours, but don't ever leave your lunch in the breakroom refrigerator.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt5811 View Post
                          Sounds like he got a job offer, but you haven't yet. LE is YOUR dream job, and don't believe he will put forth the passion you will.

Just aint fair, is it?

As others have said, this really is just a job. Yes, just a job.

Stop thinking that the powers-that-be will notice that you're selflessly devoted to bringing justice to the world. They won't. They don't care. They've already seen that this is just a job.
                          Maybe Op is batman.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10939 users online. 406 members and 10533 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X