300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girlfriend is Traveling thru Europe with College Friends...and Ex

My girlfriend of 3 years (we're in our late 20s) is currently in Europe on a two week trip with some college friends...including her college ex of 3 years. Now I've never had any reason to not trust her but I am freaking out over this. Last summer she went on a weekend sailing trip with the same group of her friends and her ex was there, when she got back she admitted at some point that her ex was obviously still in love with her and laughed it off. Am I wrong to be freaking out over this? The reason he's there is basically because he's best friends with one of the friends and a good friend of one of the others.

When she gets back I want to ask her if anything happened but I am sure it'll go down the "do you not trust me?" route.

Back in the day, when I was still a true player, I had a few ex's. But when it was over, it was over.

So I've never understood how ex's can still hang after it ends, because that was never my experience. We don't even send Christmas cards.

You sure you really want to know what happened in Europe?? Sometimes the best thing to do is let sleeping dogs lie.

When a police officer tells you to stay in the car, you stay in the car.

-Reese Witherspoon

Comment

Move her stuff out. Do you want to get into fight, have her claim DV, and see your life go down the drain? It’s done. This “friends” millennial crap is just that. Better now than later.

Concentrate on your life.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Doesn’t sound like a good idea to me. Last year should have been an indicaiton of how this year went, that is if she’s serious about keeping your relationship solid.

Sounds a lot like my ex-wife. She would hang with “friends” and her exs’ would happen to be there. They’d hook up and think I wouldn’t find out what went down. Hawaii is a pretty small place so people tend to know each other. Marriage didn’t last very long.
        Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

This sounds like a question for family members... not necessarily police officers...
          USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
          "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
          DA Civilian Police Officer, APG MD

Comment

This sounds similar to the plot of a movie I just saw...

Comment

Originally posted by J2H View Post
              This sounds like a question for family members... not necessarily police officers...
              We ARE family.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

We ARE family.
                Some of us resemble a certain "funny uncle", but all family none the less.
                Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

True, but I meant immediate family...
                  USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                  "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                  DA Civilian Police Officer, APG MD

Comment

He asked us.

Comment

If my girlfriend was galavanting about Europe with an ex-boyfriend, the last people I would solicit advice from is family. They don't need to know about it.

I don't know if I would discuss with my boyz either. I mean, even if everything was innocuous, it's still embarrassing.

What are the options? Find a barstool and blabber on and on to a poor bar maid over a beer??

He did the right thing. Throw it out anonymously to peers whom you do not personally know.
                      When a police officer tells you to stay in the car, you stay in the car.

-Reese Witherspoon

Comment

You need to ask yourself where this relationship is going. If you think that she is the one then you need to sit her down and make her understand how you feel and that it is NOT okay to have him going on a trip with her and without you. If you are not serious with her then kick her to the curb and move on. Kinda sounds like you need to borrow a pair from some of the guys and girls here.
                        Attached Files
                        Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

Move on. You said you have problems with it. You said it’s going to cause more problems when she gets back. If she has stuff at your house, put it in storage and give her the key when she gets back.

Comment

Trust your gut. Trust no thot.

Comment

We need more information. How does she normally act? Is she really flirtatious with other guys? Does she always tell you how attractive she thinks other guys are. Does she ever acuse you of cheating? Is she distant and cold at times? We need more info. What is the overall health of your relationship

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9469 users online. 353 members and 9116 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X