300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is at Fault here?

My cousin Scott and I just completed a River Run down the Tennessee TomBigbee Waterway from Pickwick Lake in SwTN,our destination was Mobile,Ala.Along the way we met a fellow boater,who was traveling with his family,We all met up again at Demopolis,Al Yacht Basin to refuel our boats,Scott struck up a friendship with the other Boater (Ron),We later met up with Ron at Bobby's Fish Camp for refueling,Here lies the problem,As Ron was pulling away from the Dock,he yells to Scott I'll try and hold the Lock open for you,Scott says thanks,we should be 10 minutes behind you.While Scott was walking up the hill,to pay for fuel a delivery truck arrives and puts us and additional 10 minutes behind schedule,When we arrive at Coffeeville Lock and Dam,We turn on our VHF Marine Radio,and hear argument between lockmaster and Ron about us.Scott hails lockmaster for 10 minutes,then finally lockmaster answer in a very belligerent tone of voice,yells at us over radio,I been trying to raise you all morning you should have had your Damn radio on,Now you will have to wait as tows get first piority,now get back up river and get out of the way!So we wait for over (2) hrs We see the Towboat tombigbee start to lock down River,Scott radio's and ask lockoperator if we could lock down with that tow as the Lockmaster at Dempolois lock allowed us to do so,Again the Coffeeville lock master yells back over radio,I'll run the locks and you will lock through when I tell you can,I was about ready to scale that wet slippery ladder and throw his *** in the lock chamber,but I kept my cool.So who is at fault here,The irate lockmaster or us?

I would say the lockmaster has a job to do and that he has to prioritize marine traffic just as you have to prioritize calls. Your new friend probably ****ed him off and he took it out on you. The master should have been more restrained and professional, but it is his call to make re. the traffic issue.

Comment

George Bush. It's always Bush's fault.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4430 users online. 298 members and 4132 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X