Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, she knows what the problem is. She is just afraid to talk about it.
    Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

Late to the party here, but agree with the others. You're not being selfish. From what you've told us, no matter what you do to make her happy, there is always some reason she isn't. And it's not like you've been trying blindly...it's been what she tells you will make her happy. So from that it's pretty clear that you could do what she wants this time around and she will STILL not be satisfied!!

Honestly, I wish I could tell her to shut up, deal with her own issues, and be grateful for someone who loves her enough to bother trying so hard to please her. I say that having been the wife of a LEO for 9 years. I can't imagine belittling my husband the way you say she does you...even if she doesn't like your job, that is NOT okay for a spouse to do. Hopefully counseling can help...but if you have to choose, I'd pick the job, because it won't be long before she's unhappy with whatever new career or city or schedule you have.

Comment

Thanks for the insights. I've taken them to heart and put my foot down on the issues. The ball is in her court.

Comment

Best of luck. Do what your heart tells you

Comment

Originally posted by m.p.c View Post
            Best of luck. Do what your heart tells you
            Worked for me for the last 20 or so years......

Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post

Worked for me for the last 20 or so years......

Hope you've at least changed your hairstyle

Comment

Originally posted by m.p.c View Post

Hope you've at least changed your hairstyle
                Not quite. :-)
                Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Morgannaa bump down
                  Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
                  “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
                  “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
                  "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
                  ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

Have things gotten better?

Comment

Originally posted by tj05 View Post

This man. Life it to short to spend it with a woman that you've described. What kind of insensitive person calls you hammered while your at a scene of a murder to complain about you? I've learned life is to short to spend with someone who makes it way to difficult. Get out NOW while you have no kids.
                      Why would you tell your sig other youre at a murder scene....?
                      Last edited by shortyj; 12-03-2017, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shortyj View Post

Some of them freak out. Believe it or not there are those that still believe that being a cop is just like “Andy Griffith” in “Mayberry”.

Comment

Originally posted by shortyj View Post

The details would be left out, but why not tell her? She would say okay and get off the phone and let me work. She might even pray for wisdom for me. She knows we go to calls like that anyway. Sometimes I clean up or use code for what I am doing depending on who is nearby, but otherwise I'll tell her what I am up to.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5847 users online. 292 members and 5555 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X