No announcement yet.

My husband forgot our anniversary!

300x250 Mobile

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My husband forgot our anniversary!

Actually we both forgot but still I remembered before he did. This is not the first time we forgot. We've forgotten a couple of times before and we had to be reminded what day it was. Duh.

Have you ever been so busy that both of you forgot your anniversary? What did you do to make up for it?

I think I should get flowers, the keys to the brand new truck(for a month), and he does all the dishes for a week. That seems fair.
    Chocolate cures all ailments

Get over it already.

Hmmm..seems like since you BOTH forgot..the tables should be even!!

You gave a list of what HE should do for you, as punishment....but more important is what are YOU going to do for his punishment?

You said it yourself...fair is fair!
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

u should screw him then make him a sandwich
      Leave Space Empty

His idea of punishment would be to be in control of the remote, desserts for a week and put gas in my own car.

Get over it already.

Originally posted by GPOC
          ..............make him a sandwich

okay enough about us........back to the original question.

Have you ever been so busy that you both forgot your anniversary?

(And on second thought don't tell what you did to make up for it. I don't want to know.)

Get over it already.

Originally posted by GPOC
            u should screw him then make him a sandwich
            Got my vote for the first part but he can make his own damn sandwich and make me one while he is at it!
            "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
            Not Yet Visited: 16
            Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

. . . and bring me a beer while he's up.

In answer to the question - yes!
                Of course, now I don't have to remember it anymore.
                Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Originally posted by inc0gnit0
                  perhaps make use of a calendar to mark special dates (it also helps with organization)

We done that and we still forget. Even the kids mark it on their calendar and remind us that our anniversary is coming up. We're hopeless.

Funny how we can always seem to remember the birthdays though.

Get over it already.

Ladies please read and digest this i hope may explain why we men can never remember anniversaries/birthdays etc...........

Oh! how true - these should be read to females at least every 2 weeks

Here are the real rules......... We always hear "the rules" from the female side. Now here are the rules from the male side. These are our rules!

1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

2. Birthdays, Valentines, and Anniversaries are not quests to see if we can find the perfect present yet again!

3. Sometimes we are not thinking about you. Live with it.

4. Sunday = sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

5. Don't cut your hair. EVER. Long hair is always more attractive than short hair. One of the big reasons guys fear getting married is that married women always cut their hair, and by then you're stuck with her.

6. Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it that way.

7. Crying is blackmail.
                    8. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!

9. We don't remember dates. Mark birthdays and anniversaries on the calendar. Remind us frequently beforehand.

10. Most guys own three pairs of shoes - tops! What makes you think we'd be any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with your dress?

11. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

12. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

13. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.

14. Check your oil! Please.

15. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.

16. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.

17. If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

18. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

19. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

20. Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and neither do we.

21. The relationship is never going to be like it was the first four months we were going out. Get over it. And quit whining to your girlfriends.

22. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a colour. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

23. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

24. We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.

25. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

26. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.

27. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. Really.

28. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as navel lint, the shotgun formation, or monster trucks.

29. You have enough clothes.

30. You have too many shoes.

31. It is neither in your best interest or ours to take the quiz together. No, it doesn't matter which quiz.

32. Pizza is as exciting for us as handbags are for you.

33. Thank you for reading this; Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight, but did you know we really don't mind that, it's like camping.
                    How would you like a long stretch inside?? and i aint talking about a prison sentence

That was great, BritPlod! Yes, I am a female, and I admit it is all true!

I think sleeping on the couch is man's best kept secret!
                        Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Yes, Britplod, that's funny. My husband has a shorter version of this one and every rule is numbered as 1.

Just keep in mind though...

1.If you don't put the lid down sleepy wives will scream at 3:00 in the morning as they get a cold wet awakening. And you'll need that your mother's. (I know someone who fell all the way in once. They're still married.)

3. Sometimes you don't want to know what we're thinking about you!

8. Ask for what we want? We'll remind you of this rule when you want to say no.

9. Reminding you of important dates won't be considered nagging???

14. We'll check the oil if you check the toilet lid.

Get over it already.

What's Going On

There are currently 5270 users online. 193 members and 5077 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad