Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorces

Hey gang...

How common is it that during a divorce, someone who is a cop or is in the hiring process, gets accused by the ex of doing something illegal? For instance accusations of molestation of the children etc?

How long does that nonsense hang around your neck?
    An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

The one I hear of a lot in Law Enforcement is accusing the cop of using his/her authority (weapon) to threaten their spouse not to leave or to do things they don't want to do.

What you're talking about is common in general though. Abuse is about the only way to get one parent out of the picture. It's unfortunate but normally the truth prevails!

Good Luck

Comment

My guy's ex divorced him last Fall, claims she's thrilled and moved on, but keeps stirring s*** up-we never know what's next. They're both in LE-he's an LEO, she's LE.

An ex will keep the noose around the neck and keep jerking it as long as they feel like they want to...

Comment

Divorces

I've never been divorced, but I knoow very few cops that haven't been. All tell tales of ex's stirring up s*** all through the divorce making claims of spousal & child abuse, alcoholism, corruption,etc.You name it, I've heard divorcing cops accused of it. And if both are in LE--foreget it! They both know how to play the system and it gets REAL ugly! As for how long it lasts? That depends on the accuser and if he/she feels they've gotten their pound of flesh from their ex. If my wife decides to divorce me, I'll just let her have her way and (hopefully) get out with most of my sanity still intact.

Comment

My ex-husband (cop) was a heavy drinker, abuser, and adulterer.

I never accused him of anything...it was known what he did, but back then i felt that he was "protected" by his department. Maybe things are different nowadays.

When i left, i just wanted to get out, i really didnt care where his life went. We didnt have any kids.

I told the first lawyer i got about the cheating, in hopes of not having to wait the 18 months for the divorce to be final. He took down all my info, until he found out he knew my husband 'from court.' I got a phone call saying, more or less, "Good luck, and find another lawyer."

Comment

Originally posted by Jellybean400
            I told the first lawyer i got about the cheating, in hopes of not having to wait the 18 months for the divorce to be final. He took down all my info, until he found out he knew my husband 'from court.' I got a phone call saying, more or less, "Good luck, and find another lawyer."
            Which encourage me to think that most of the time the winner in every divorce cases is the Lawyer. Don't want to make another trial to the lawyers -- they are necessary - but wow!

Anyway, the best of luck to you, Zap. Can't tell you how long that nonsense will hang around your neck but for sure, still too long.
            Operator! Give me the number for 911!
            Homer Simpson

Comment

I have been divorced for 33 years at this point. Prior to the divorce she charged me with simple assault. No I did not assault her. The bull**** started when I got re married, when we got back to our apartment from the wedding their was a note on my windshield from my ex stateing that she would keep me poor with med bills and any other way that she could. (we had 3 children together) This went on for no less than 18 years. All the crap stoped when I stoped paying child support. She even re married and could not hold onto that one either.

Comment

wow...thanks all...sort of what I expected to hear
                An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

Divorce

They say it gets better, I have learned that it's all about the money.

Comment

It will all work out in the end...

If you haven't done anything that she's said then you will come out smelling like roses.

There has to be a motive for her actions. Either you have done what she claims or she is mean and evil.
                    National Association to Protect Children

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3838 users online. 221 members and 3617 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X