Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just don't try all your defensive tactic moves on her! My guy does that to me, and it drives me nuts!

Comment

We'll be married 7 years on 10-4.
      National Association to Protect Children

Comment

Like they said in the movie Unlawful Entry, "Cops and Marriage are a Bad Combination." Hate to be a downer here, but with normal marriages the divirce rate is over 50%, in LE it's MUCH higher. Rotating shifts, long hours, poor sleep habits, poor health practices, working holidays, weekends, and mids...You get the picture. For every person who posts here with a happy ending, there are probably 10 fold who are miserable, divorced, or will be divorced. Sorry, but those are the cold hard facts...

Comment

Married 14 years, been a cop for 9. All is fine here.

Leave the bull at work. Get involved in your kids sports, it's a great reason to NOT hang out with the boys. Don't hit "Choir Paractice" every night. Watch out for the "Badge Bunnies". It's amazing how good looking you become after you become a cop.
          Semper Fi

Comment

I can say a few things here. First, my EX-wife's father retired after 27 years of law enforcement. She told me I don't know how many times that she knew how to handle it, "my dad is a cop." Apparently she doesn't realize that her dad being a cop and her husband being a cop were different. I know from personal experience that badge bunnies are not to be dealt with. Even my fat *** had badge bunnies follow him. You may think that she is understanding about it all but you have to sit and talk to her and explain everything to her, the hours, the stress, just in general....the whole job. To be a cop is a special thing, not everybody wants to and not everybody can do it. Another thing, the day I went to the academy my ex decided she would smoke weed at a St. Patrick's day party. She claims her twin brother pushed her to do it, but we all know that if you don't want to do something you don't have to do it. Like I said, being married and a cop is a hard thing to do. It takes two special people that are understanding and have great communication. The girl I'm with now is 5 years older than me and also has a kid and she knows the kind of shifts I work, but she appreciates all the time I do get to spend with her no matter when it is. I wish you luck with being a cop and the marriage, both can be very rewarding.
            Time is a luxury we do not have.

Comment

I had posted once before that I was dating a girl who left me halfway through the academy due to "lack of time." I was convinved that relationships would be very hard due to this job...from what I've read, from what officers told me, and from what then happened to me.

The problem though was her. She was unstable and when it finally came down to being truly serious...she would freak out and leave. I knew she was engaged twice before too...in police work we call that a clue. I was in "love" though and when you're in the circle it's very hard to see outside of it.

Since then...been about 6 months...I've met some girls and even dated one for about 2 months before I called it off. I am convinced that dating a cop does take a special woman, but if you want it to work you can make it work.
              RIP Sgt. Henry Prendes...EOW 2/1/06
              RIP Off. James Manor...EOW 5/7/09
              RIP Ofc. Milburn "Millie" Beitel...EOW 10/7/09
              RIP Ofc. Trevor Nettleton...EOW 11/19/09
              RIP Ofc. Daniel Leach...EOW 11/21/09

Comment

I am convinced that dating a cop does take a special woman, but if you want it to work you can make it work.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree

Comment

All this stuff about pressure and s**t is just that ... pure, unadulterated, "B.S."!!

Men are "pigs" basically, no two ways about it, it's the way they were created, they have this inate desire to mate and procreate the species. Females have these interesting looking bumps and curves that some call "figures" that make them attractive to the male members. It's about evolution, it's about survival of the fittest, it's about the species getting bigger and stronger through sucessive generations.

Cops just have more opportuntity. It takes a man with great self restraint to be a cop and fullfill his marital vows of forsaking all others. Few of us are up to the task. The rest of them must be watched every moment, kept constant track of, else they will stray.

"That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

Cops and marriage

Originally posted by Soleil_nuage
                    Well, alrighty then!!!
                    So...Less Bewildered and confused?......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3930 users online. 263 members and 3667 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X