• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straight Up
    replied
    Originally posted by jmc
    Its the financial side of things getting me down
    First let me say walking and water. Nothing will help more. Strengthen and stretch those hams, they go all the up into the lower back. I got an Australian Shepherd puppy and trained her. Kept me busy mentally and physically

The second part comes a little harder and I
    Last edited by Straight Up; 08-26-2005, 11:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• cst.sb
    replied
    Originally posted by jmc
    That's why I would contact a lawyer. If you were injured on the job you should be compensated apropriately, and it doesn't sound like that is happening.

As far as your finances are concerned, get a grip of them one way or another! There are always options!

Check out this website

http://www.cccs.co.uk/

They are offere free credit counselling services

I've PM'd you

Leave a comment:

• Praetorian
    replied
    Try debt consolidation, if they do that in the UK...

Leave a comment:

• jmc
    replied
    I need the good luck

Leave a comment:

• jmc
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cst.sb
    replied
    Brother,

Talk to a counsellor and keep yourself healthy mentally. I damaged a disk (soft tissue) and I went through some therapy that did nother but wreck me further. What helped me was swiming and strengthening my core -abs and low back. But get in a pool and hot tub while you're waiting for surgey. Also see a chiroprator and bring him your x-rays.

I would also get some legal advice. Right now you're at home not working, so make this your job. Schedule you're day around your new job. Start slow, buy just walking in a pool and sitting in the hot tub. It will help you feel physically better, which will help how you feel emotionally.

If you have a documented incident and the organization is screwing you over, there has to be an appeal process.

Good Luck to you!!

Leave a comment:

• jmc
    replied
    I have now been told I will need an operation to remove a disc from my spine.

Leave a comment:

• Praetorian
    replied
    Originally posted by jmc
    The whole situation has got me so down, I really don't know where to turn or what to do now.
    Do you have any family that can possibly loan you some money?

How bad is it? Is it just medical, or are their credit cards, car payments, house payment, etc...?

Leave a comment:

• jmc
    replied
    The whole situation has got me so down, I really don't know where to turn or what to do now.

Leave a comment:

• Creeker
    replied
    Originally posted by Photogrrlz
    Its a labor organization for LEOs. They provide attornies to deal with griveances and abritrations (sp?). There is also a social aspect to the FOP as well.
    Correction: In states in which Union's are recognised as bargaining agents for their members, they are a Labor org. In the remainder of the states they are only social orgs.

In SC, we have no such bargaining rights.

Leave a comment:

• Photogrrlz
    replied
    Originally posted by jmc
    what does the FOP do for cops?

Its a labor organization for LEOs. They provide attornies to deal with griveances and abritrations (sp?). There is also a social aspect to the FOP as well.

Leave a comment:

• jmc
    replied
    what does the FOP do for cops?

Leave a comment:

• jmc
    replied
    Thanks for the reply and details

Leave a comment:

• Praetorian
    replied
    Talked to my mom a bit. She said make sure you pay your property bills--car, house, electricity, phone etc... first and only pay the credit cards what you can. I don't know how it is in England, but here there is a statute of limitiations and since credit cards are unsecured, the debt gets wiped off your credit after a number of years ( seven years in my state).

Leave a comment:

• jmc
    replied
    We don't really have any national organisation for LE other than our Federation and they don't do anything like collect for injured officers. They only help in disputes within the organisation and they didn't even reply to my e-mails.
    I feel totally let down by my force and in dire straits as to what to do next!!
    Last edited by jmc; 08-12-2005, 07:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4863 users online. 291 members and 4572 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X