300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEGOs!

I was going through some of my old stuff today and came across some of my LEGO collection. Of course, the only suitable thing for me to do was get them and and mess around with them! I took a few pictures of them for your enjoyment! 56K users beware, the pictures are big. (They're even Officer.com relevant LEGO pictures!)

Anyone play with LEGOs as a kid? Or anyone have kids who play with them now? I had forgotten how awesome they are! I got my first LEGO set when I was probably 5 and just played around with them. Now, though, it's still pretty fun to build stuff!

I play with Legos now......very relaxing....

Comment

If I ran a SWAT team, I'd plan all calls using a lego model of the house. Probably a good thing I'm not running a swat team.
      You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

I just had a vision of Lt. Dangle doing that...

I used to love playing with legos. The Knights and the Pirate sets were my favorites, followed closely by the police and fire ones. I used to stage spectacular car chases with lego pieces breaking off everywhere. To simulate a wreck, I'd drop the car from the top of the stairs and let the pieces fall all over.

Funny thing though, I never simulated the two plus hour accident investigation and cleanup.

I think that was the best part of LEGOS, you could simulate ships and cars blowing up and then rebuild them and do it again. I miss being a kid.
        Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Legos! Hurrah! I loved Legos when I was a kid. Had the super keen red child-safe plastic Lego Case to house them in, too! Bwhaha, and you bet I had a ball irritating my parents when I'd shake up the box before throwing it open and spilling 573957859 legos onto the living room floor. Awesome. I also had a younger cousin who liked to stick just about everything and anything he could into his mouth..so most of my legos were gnawed on and didn't fit right..probably had 5 out of a billion and 1 legos that actually connected..

Comment

I loved going to my uncle's house because of legos. I have 6 older cousins who were all into legos too and over the years a huge collection was kept at my uncle's in two large seabags. Me and my brother would spend days building a whole city on top of a ping pong table. When it was time to go home we would cause a huge "earthquake" by starting to fold the table up and legos would go everywhere. A nice childhood memory...

Comment

I did the same thing you did, but did it with Fire ones, if you ever want to get rid of those, send me and email
              PSE Anderson

"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"

"Better to be by judged 12, than carried by 6"

Comment

Lego Mania

My older brother and I were hooked on Legos from an early age by our grandparents. My folks figured that they would help stimulate creativityu also, so besides pocket knifes and army surplus gear, my brother and I usually only asked for Legos at Christmas and Birthdays. My favorites were the pirates and the Robin Hood guys. My brother liked the castles and the Technic ones when he got older. I learned at an early age how futile it was to do battle with him because he somehow always won I guess it was just big brotherly prerogative. For some reason, his archers were always more accurate, had greater range, his knights were always faster, and their armor stronger, his boats were more seaworthy and his cannons could fire faster. . . . After chores, my brother and I spent many a happy rainy Sunday afternoon indoors doing battle with each other in our elaborate Lego kingdom. Such simple pleasure. . . .

When I visited my folks over Christmas vacation, I dug them out and made a castle. Mom still keeps them for little kids to play with when they come over. Made me wish I were a kid again, then my wife walked into the room, and I was glad that I'm not a kid anymore

Brandon
                He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
                -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                -- Hemingway

Comment

thats awesome!

My boy spends hours with his legos...he has built and shown me every configuration of motorcycle/chopper/car/truck/spaceship .....you name it...that can be turned into something cop-car related....

....sort of envious....his always has missles and lasers and cool stuff sticking out all over
                  An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

Originally posted by rugermk2
                    Made me wish I were a kid again, then my wife walked into the room, and I was glad that I'm not a kid anymore

Brandon
                    Ah you make a very good point! OK I guess I can still play with LEGOs then....
                    Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

I wasn't allowed Leggos, they cost too much. I had 1 Lincoln Log set that would build a 1 room cabin. If you stacked the really short ones perpendicularly, you had a nice little imaginary cannon.

I DID have plastic toy soldiers, though, but after my battles they were no longer re-usable... I think it had something to do with those burning-milk-jug/napalm bombers I used to play with... they made a really cool zzZZIPpp noise as they flew over dropping melting/burning plastic...

We always had to play with those in the back yard, though, close to the burn pile.

Anybody else ever build model ships or planes, then set them in the yard and shoot them with #9 bird shot to add realistic looking bullet holes?
                      Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?
                      --------------------------------------------------
                      Common sense... the LEAST COMMON of all of the senses.
                      --------------------------------------------------
                      Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?

Comment

Originally posted by carty
                        I was going through some of my old stuff today and came across some of my LEGO collection. Of course, the only suitable thing for me to do was get them and and mess around with them! I took a few pictures of them for your enjoyment! 56K users beware, the pictures are big. (They're even Officer.com relevant LEGO pictures!)

Anyone play with LEGOs as a kid? Or anyone have kids who play with them now? I had forgotten how awesome they are! I got my first LEGO set when I was probably 5 and just played around with them. Now, though, it's still pretty fun to build stuff!

That's actually a pretty cool set up you have. I never had anything as extensive as that but they were still pretty interesting to mess with from time to time.

Comment

I had the red plastic travel case too. My mom still has all of my old legos in her basement somewhere. Actually I'm at mom's house on vacation now...basement here I come! Thanks for the idea.
                          The only thing we have to fear is change itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Centurion44
                            If I ran a SWAT team, I'd plan all calls using a lego model of the house. Probably a good thing I'm not running a swat team.

you crack me up, thanks
                            stay safe and always remember to look up!!

"You've been talking to yourself in the mirror again haven't you ?

chat room

Comment

Im 17 and I still have my whole Lego Police and Fire Depts. in the basement. My Police Dept. has an excessive number of motorcycle officers and helicopters, seemed like every Lego police set had AT LEAST 2 motorcycle officers and a helicopter. I used half my motorcycle officers as Riot Control/SWAT dudes and made some pretty nice custom made SWAT/Riot Vans. I seriously have about 100 motorcycle and pilot officers and only like 20 or so regular officers plus a few wild west sheriff dudes I used as the "Lego County Sheriff's Office".

Then they gave all the police cars green tinted windows (who came up with that one?) and then I belive they stopped making Legos a few years later . Let me know if im wrong. I think a British company produces their own version of Legos that has actual military legos with tanks, navy ships, cannons, rifles, etc and ARMED police officers.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 158366 users online. 126 members and 158240 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X