300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 y.o. playing Monopoly???

I would like to know if anyone has kids around 6 y.o. that have the patience to sit for an hour or 2 and play adult MONOPOLY. Yeah my 6 y.o. plays me or the wife monopoly and he kicks our ***. Yes. He knows how to mortgage, buy property, make change . If he has to pay rent he makes certain to pay more and then figure out the change in his head, if he lands on something that cost him like $16 he would give like a $20 and say give me 4 back or give multpile bills to add it up and still give more moneya dn figure out the change in his head.
    I know the brains dont come from her side of the family
    I got nothing for now

Originally posted by e-man
    I would like to know if anyone has kids around 6 y.o. that have the patience to sit for an hour or 2 and play adult MONOPOLY. Yeah my 6 y.o. plays me or the wife monopoly and he kicks our ***. Yes. He knows how to mortgage, buy property, make change . If he has to pay rent he makes certain to pay more and then figure out the change in his head, if he lands on something that cost him like $16 he would give like a $20 and say give me 4 back or give multpile bills to add it up and still give more moneya dn figure out the change in his head.
    I know the brains dont come from her side of the family
    Hey, you may have a future Donald Trump on your hands! Work with that and encourage him to do other things using the skills he uses in Monopoly. I am a big advocate of letting a child "emerge" so to speak. If he is showing interest in things , academically, that are way beyond his years... encourage it. Is he bored in school? If he does get bored, have him do his work and find more stuff for him to do.

Comment

sounds like a math wiz to me, push him along those lines in school. Big $$ for those types.
      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Money Kids....

This is great! Our children had their own buisness a few years back selling baked goods to local companies. It was a great project with values a'plenty. Each of them now own their own stokes, and yes they decided which ones to invest in.

I suggest you allow your child to build upon what has already been learned. Go for broke and let him buy real life investments. I promise you can't go wrong even if the money is lost.... the lessons learned will only give him much needed experience with YOU and YOUR WIFE to guide.

Oh, my children at the time they started selling were 8,6,4,and 2. It amazed me how supportive other adults were during this learnng adventure. To many children today are left to learn about the important aspects of life on thier own. I am glad to hear you are involved!!!!

Comment

dont feel bad, my 4 yr old, kicks the crap out of me at that game "memory", where you lay out around 50 cards, each has a twin, pathetic. of course she can also start a dvd, and put a cd rom disk in the computer, turn it on, open the game, type her name, play it, turn it off, put everything up, and she even closes the door,,,now if i can just get my son to raise the toilet seat, i ll be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
            dont feel bad, my 4 yr old, kicks the crap out of me at that game "memory", where you lay out around 50 cards, each has a twin, pathetic. of course she can also start a dvd, and put a cd rom disk in the computer, turn it on, open the game, type her name, play it, turn it off, put everything up, and she even closes the door,,,now if i can just get my son to raise the toilet seat, i ll be okay.
            I forgot about that memory game, he did very well at that too a coupla years ago. He has been doing the computer thing for awhile too. He asks us why none of the other 6 y.os in the neighborhood can play monopoly like him, they dont wanna play that. They all do runa round doing the outdoor catching bugs thing too. He said the other day he wants to go to the Science Center becuase he has alot of questions to ask the people there. ANd he wants to add bookmarks to his Pokemon and other cards in his book so he can easily find them and mark his favorite pages. Now if he could just start making money, Id be able to retire early.
            I got nothing for now

Comment

thats pretty cool,,i hope my kids are that studious,,,you need to send him to wall street.

Comment

I started playing monopoly when I was about 5, it's a great game!

Comment

Would you mind if I give him a call whenever I refinance my house??
                  All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion and desire.

Comment

Thats absolutely great, start em' early!... My son is 6' 1" 190lbs and is 12 years old and is as strong as I am, and I am good shape. It's funny, I have tried to guide him to doing physically oriented skills or hobbies but he really enjoys computers and programming so I am going to help with that as he's got a keen mind also. So if your little one has a mind for money, that equals numbers and with a sharp mathmatical mind he can pretty much do what he wants in life with that kind base. Good luck with him!
                    "We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

Comment

[........................
                      Last edited by e-man; 04-17-2008, 12:50 AM.
                      I got nothing for now

Comment

That's awesome. My six year old can't last through a whole game of Chutes And Ladders without her attention wandering. It's her turn and all of a sudden she's off in la la land making up stories about why the cat needed rescuing in the first place ("The cat was running away from a dragon and since dragon wings are so small it could not fly high enough to get the cat so the cat ran really fast until it found a tall tree and then the kid walked by and...").

AvgJoe
                        Be careful, kids. Daddy's summer car is like the Ark of the Covanent - if you touch it, you will surely die.

Comment

Originally posted by AverageJoe
                          That's awesome. My six year old can't last through a whole game of Chutes And Ladders without her attention wandering. It's her turn and all of a sudden she's off in la la land making up stories about why the cat needed rescuing in the first place ("The cat was running away from a dragon and since dragon wings are so small it could not fly high enough to get the cat so the cat ran really fast until it found a tall tree and then the kid walked by and...").

AvgJoe

Sounds like you have an writer, right there...
                          "We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

Comment

That little 6 year old is 17 and driving now.
                            I feel old ;-(
                            I got nothing for now

Comment

Originally posted by e-man View Post
                              That little 6 year old is 17 and driving now.
                              I feel old ;-(
                              Did you get to retire early? lol
                              Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. An all expenses paid trip with travel, meals, and accommodations included!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5704 users online. 360 members and 5344 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X