300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Cops around Atlanta

I'm due to be vacationing at Stone Mtn at the end of next week (28-30) and my wife and I are bringing our 3 nieces along. The oldest (14 year old) wants to shop and the idea of Underground Atlanta came up.

My wife was recently told that Under. Atlanta has become run down and more of a teen hang out and less of an interesting shopping location than it was when we were last there back in early 90's. Can you verify that or tell me where may be a better place in the area to satisfy this Little Shopahaulic in training?
    Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?
    --------------------------------------------------
    Common sense... the LEAST COMMON of all of the senses.
    Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?

Originally posted by Creeker
    where may be a better place in the area to satisfy this Little Shopahaulic in training?
    Being a civilian, I
    Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

Comment

I haven't been to Underground in years, but last I heard they've been gearing it more towards clubbing and concerts lately.

Yeah, with 3 malls in Gwinnett County alone, there's plenty of places for shopping.
      You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

Originally posted by Centurion44
        I haven't been to Underground in years, but last I heard they've been gearing it more towards clubbing and concerts lately.

Yeah, with 3 malls in Gwinnett County alone, there's plenty of places for shopping.
        Oh yeah, Gwinnett is great.... if you speak spanish. I remember going into the Wal-Mart on not-so-pleasant hill and everything was in spanish.. No english. That was neat.

I highly suggest not going to underground atlanta... It is not cool at all. As to where to go? No clue. Stone Mtn. is cool, and Six Flags is too.. That's about all that I would deem 'interesting'

Comment

Thanx to all who replied.

I think we will not be going to the Underground. Staight Ups Mall suggestion pretty well fits into my travel route, so I think we will be hitting it on our way into Stone Mtn. Thanks for that info.

So my itinerary sends me to the Mall on Thursday, Stone Mtn. on Friday and The World of Coca Cola on Saturday. Home Sat. nite.

Sounds like a plan.
          Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Comment

Your perception of Underground is correct. It would be a waste of time even if it wasn't full of thugs.

Your itinerary looks like a good one.....you also might want to check out 2 other things for the kids while your downtown. The new "Imagine It Children's Museum of Atlanta" at Centennial Olympic Park Dr. and Baker St. is really cool and kids love it. The website appears to be down right now, but it's www.imagineit-cma.org. You can check out Centennial Olympic Park across the street too. Bring some towels and let the girls run through the Olympic Rings fountain since it's gonna about 96 on Saturday. Also Check out the Center for Puppetry Arts at Spring & 18th. It's great for kids too. Don't forget to do the Varsity for lunch in case your daily grease intake has fallen below acceptable levels .

Comment

Hey Creeker, how about a update of all the fun when you get back
              Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks Ya'll, I'll see what I can do. That "Imagine it" Museum looks like it might be fun for all, and right in the vicinity of the Cola Museum, too. If we can work that in, we will.

Comment

[QUOTE=Straight Up]Hey Creeker, how about a update of all the fun when you get back

Comment

she's a really good co-pilot...most of the time. She tells me to get back on I-85 West. So I Do...even though it feels wrong. "How wrong could it be?" I ask myself.
                    A good co-pilot huh? I-85 doesn't go West.. so yes, it probably felt wrong because it was! haha.. Glad you had fun, and yes, Atlanta traffic sucks, that's why I moved to Clarke county!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4500 users online. 227 members and 4273 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X