300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know anything aboutCoyotes?

Not only do we have a sex offender living in our community; we have coyotes.
    what do any of you know about coyotes?

I am pretty much a city girl...dont know a thing about coyotes. The biologist in town studying the coyotes is calming our fears by informing us that they dont attack and just need to be sacred away with a rock. Whatever.
    Last edited by Styx; 07-14-2005, 04:55 PM.

22-250 caliber should take care of them.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
      22-250 caliber should take care of them.

Thats what I thought, but I would probably get in put in jail or kicked out of the neighborhood.
      They are pushing for the non violent way to get rid of them. "If you keep scaring them off, they will feel threatened and go away." Remember, I live in a city where people want to save everything. A multi million dollar 3M plant was put into "cease construction" because an endangered bird or something was found living there. Saved the bird but put many people out of work.

Thats where I live....its againt HOA rules to shoot anything anyway......they would call it hunting and possibly harming the endangered animals that live here. Forget the humans...they care more about the animals.

Comment

I read a little bit more about coyotes online and I think pitbulls are more dangerous.....coyotes are just dirty dogs who get mad and bite if you take their food or try to hurt their babies......they spook easily and will live with humans if you keep feeding the, Like any dog or man.

Comment

We have them in metro central ohio. They will run away from you and steer clear of people. They are very smart and quick. People are in no danger. However keep small dogs and cats inside. Coyotes will make them lunch.
          Since they move in a group they can also take down a large dog. They kill sheep and calves here.

Comment

A single round from a G22 @ 20 yards takes em down OK Good target practice. If we see them near homes we'll track em and shoot them when they are in safe shoot area.
            Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

Coyotes are pretty timid but can carry rabies as they have been know to try to get into houses in Maryland on occasion.

Just feed them chicken
              Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

When I was a youngin our neighborhood had a huge problem with yotes, one of my neighbors bought a bunch of cow scraps from the local butcher and let it rot for a few days. He then crushed up a bunch of glass and mixed it in with the meat and set it out back of his house.

I never saw any live yotes around again.
                There's no substitute for strength,
                and no excuse for a lack of it!!

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I feel a little better......dont feel like the biologist who was quoted in the article I read is full of hot air. Thats funny, I believe a bunch of cops and not a biologist that studies coyote bahavior.

Fortunately my daughter knows not to approach any animal without persmission from us or the owner, if present. That brain washing method worked...that and Zaboomafoo. Plus, she is NEVER outside alone. I have a little dog who thinks he is Godzilla when he sees big dogs...if he is behind glass. He goes in the backyard and is not out front...I doubt a coyote will dig it way to my back yard, but , you never know.
                  I dont keep food out and I wont feed it.....nor will I set out spoiled meat. I will get fined for that one. We cant even have certain plants in our yard if they are poisonous ..not for the safety of the humans here, but for the safety of all the endangered critters that wonder out of the greenbelt sometimes. Plus, that will attract Armadillos who will rip up my yard...plus other things....ferral cats, rabid squirrels.....the Chupacabra.

Comment

Originally posted by Styx
                    I read a little bit more about coyotes online and I think pitbulls are more dangerous.....coyotes are just dirty dogs who get mad and bite if you take their food or try to hurt their babies......they spook easily and will live with humans if you keep feeding the, Like any dog or man.

When living out west a coyote ate one of our cats.

Comment

Originally posted by OFK
                      When living out west a coyote ate one of our cats.
                      Poor kitty cat....

Comment

those wild cats will give you more of a hard time than a coyote would. we've had them come after people when we were out hunting...but like others said if you are fond of your little critters better keep em in at night. we have coyotes in my back yard all the time. never had any trouble with them at all. didnt have to shoot em either...now the wild cats they are another story
                        si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by Styx
                          Poor kitty cat....
                          yeah "tigger" was a great cat until he got an attitude and insisted on crapping anywhere BUT the litter box.

Comment

You know you have a bad coyote problem if you start finding boxes marked "ACME" in your backyard.

They're also incredibly hard to kill. You can throw them off a cliff, they'll just send up a big puff of dust and walk away with some chirping birds circling their head. Drop an anvil on them, and who doesn't have an anvil handy, and they'll just walk away, bouncing up & down like an accordian.

The only way to really get rid of them is to strap them onto a rocket, blast them into space, then have it explode into sparkly words "THE END".
                            Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

They ain't a big deal.

When I was living in the Wasatch mountains, I saw them often after dark. Nothing like getting being startled when you're walking along in the darkness dark and all of a sudden 2 glowing amber eyes are peering at ya from 15 ft. away.

If usually chucked a rock at 'em or chased them into the woods.

Wolves will avoid humans too unless they're really hungry.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6343 users online. 342 members and 6001 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X