300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police wives/significant others/girlfriend's/fiance'

Hi! My husband is in the process for applying for two law enforcement agencies. I am new to everything, so I am looking for support. He is in the back ground phase for one and doing the psychological for the other. No one in my family work in law enforcement. So I am trying to get information about being a spouse to a cop. I have looked in the forum, search the internet and there is nothing for spouses, that need help with this process.
    The only thing I found was for wives and/or
    significant others that are in already.
    Please help I appreciate any information that will be given. Even groups I can go to. Also how to support him during this long process.
    Thank you

Two book recommendations:

Kevin Gilmartin "Emotional Survival for Law Enforcement."

Ellen Kirschman "I Love a Cop."
    Originally posted by Michigan
    Now that you mention it, who are you?

Comment

facebook has a site thing also for LEO wives, The ladies there im sure can help you.Everyone of them have been where you are at one time in their lives.

Comment

Thank you so much will check out the websites. I am trying to be his biggest supporter by getting knowledge of the process.

Comment

Originally posted by jdthor View Post
          facebook has a site thing also for LEO wives, The ladies there im sure can help you.Everyone of them have been where you are at one time in their lives.
          I went on Facebook and the groups they have
          are private. I will keep on trying.

Comment

Originally posted by michellemtjpjt View Post
            I went on Facebook and the groups they have
            are private. I will keep on trying.
            If possible, send one of the members or the group a message and see what happens. My wife is on facebook and is a member of that group. She just doesn't tell me jack squat about what they talk about.
            US Army Veteran
            The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

yea mine either.

Comment

Why do you need such a high level of support for someone who is just going through a very benign testing process? There is no stress to this. If you and he are already having problems, you need a therapist, not a support group. You have issues already that are NOT related to working in LE.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                  Why do you need such a high level of support for someone who is just going through a very benign testing process? There is no stress to this. If you and he are already having problems, you need a therapist, not a support group. You have issues already that are NOT related to working in LE.
                  Just guessing, but she has no experience with LE, knows nothing about it nor knows anyone who does, it's all a big unknown... Which can be very scary. She's probably trying to learn and see what she should expect.

Comment

If she's an EMT, like her screen name says, she has a good idea.

Here's where I'm from: due to the situation world-wide, the trolling for LE family info, I WOULD NOT accept anyone into a group without vetting.

Safety First.

Comment

If she's an EMT, like her screen name says, she has a good idea.

Here's where I'm from: due to the situation world-wide, the trolling for LE family info, I WOULD NOT accept anyone into a group without vetting.

Safety First.
                      If people will watch closely, there are little "giveaways" that show things aren't adding up for a number of "new" posters.....

Comment

To anyone that is curious the reason I asked because my hustand is a Navy veteran. He serve his country for 5 years was on three deployments in the middle east. I am proud of him that he want to pursue a career in law enforcement. As a veteran wife it is a different lifestyle. The military community is amazing, your get so much support. Asking for help do not turn into, "she is only going through the process". Was just looking for information.
                        Last edited by michellemtjpjt; 01-11-2015, 02:10 PM.

Comment

And you got some good advice. Read those two books.

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
                            If people will watch closely, there are little "giveaways" that show things aren't adding up for a number of "new" posters.....
                            There is nothing to watch, I was looking for information on the process and how I can support my husband during this process.

Comment

And you got some good advice. Read those two books.
                              Thank you so much, I went on Amazon last night to get the books. Thank you for the information.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4284 users online. 266 members and 4018 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X