Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• david wilson
    replied
    Try to educate everyone on what to do if your child has a seizure. That way, they will not be afraid of witnessing one.

Leave a comment:

• SGTWILKS
    replied
    Originally posted by sanitizer View Post
    Activate your PM's
    Okay done.

Leave a comment:

• sanitizer
    replied
    Originally posted by SGTWILKS View Post
    What he said. Have the union or HR department supply you with the proper FMLA paperwork. This should have been done already when you explained your issue to you supervisors. Get the doctors to sign and back date the paperwork to the date started to miss work. This will remove sick days from your record. I believe you can go back one month. This is important. You may want to talk to HR and explain your situation. You MUST turn in a written report after each visit to the doctors that required you to take a sick day. You are not required to turn in doctors note but I would. This will help you prove a need for extended leave. Good Luck and if you need assistance pm me ill get ahold someone to help you.
    Activate your PM's

Leave a comment:

• SGTWILKS
    replied
    Originally posted by just joe View Post
    Get your FMLA paperwork in.

Have an emergency "hospital bag" packed and in the closet for those unexpected trips to the ER.
    What he said. Have the union or HR department supply you with the proper FMLA paperwork. This should have been done already when you explained your issue to you supervisors. Get the doctors to sign and back date the paperwork to the date started to miss work. This will remove sick days from your record. I believe you can go back one month. This is important. You may want to talk to HR and explain your situation. You MUST turn in a written report after each visit to the doctors that required you to take a sick day. You are not required to turn in doctors note but I would. This will help you prove a need for extended leave. Good Luck and if you need assistance pm me ill get ahold someone to help you.

Leave a comment:

• foodnerd
    replied
    Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
    I have heard of people moving their family here just to get it. I am not a very big MJ fan and have seen way to many "YOUNG" males with back issues and their MJ cards, but I do see that there are possible benefits to TCH. Worth a shot. Wouldn't/shouldn't be too difficult to find a doc that will prescribe it. There may even be a website here that will give you a support network to help you with the process.
    It isn't the THC in cannabis that is having such a drastic improvement effect on seizures. THC is just one of 60 plus cannabinoids in cannabis, one of four primary ones. It is the one that has the most "high" effect. The one that helps the seizures is also under research for its improvement on shrinking, slowing, preventing breast cancer tumors. It's called CBD, and does not cause much if any stoned effect, especially the stuff they've concentrated down to oils.
    Yes,there are hundreds of cannabis strains with CBD that also have the cannabinoids that get you stoned, because many people, medical need or not, want that feature. But there are also ALOT of products that are specifically designed to eliminate any stoned effects and effectively target pain, nausea, intestinal disorders, spastic tremors, tumors, SEIZURES, because so many want that. It's a veteran cop in another state who has turned around his opinion (a 180, not a 360, for fans of Shush's thread ) and now actively lobbies to legalize these forms of MMJ in his state.

Best wishes on a wonderful, quality, SEIZURE FREE life for your daughter and she is already two gigantic steps ahead for having you and her mom in her life!!
    Last edited by foodnerd; 07-24-2015, 05:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• darkhorse6
    replied
    Originally posted by richard johnson View Post
    You are doing good work. Keep it up!
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• richard johnson
    replied
    Originally posted by darkhorse6 View Post
    We've got a bag ready to go with the essentials, but that lesson was learned after the first time we needed one and didn't have it. The dog really is awesome, and she really listens well (walking without a leash good). In regards to the training, it has helped with everything for sure (especially where the go bag is and how fast we can get into my truck). It just boils down to the fact that I am much calmer under pressure than the rest of the family, but I shouldn't look down on them for it. They don't have the same life experiences I do (and I hope they never will) so there isn't that same "baseline" to fall back on.
    You are doing good work. Keep it up!

Leave a comment:

• IAM Rand
    replied
    Originally posted by darkhorse6 View Post
    Thanks! Given where we are in Colorado, it's actually easier to go to Salt Lake City. So far, the doctors have been really helpful and informative. It's a long drive either way, but at least my kids get good naps in. For some reason, they fall asleep quickly to dubstep/electronic and Irish stuff like Lunasa (one of my favs).
    Try some Enya. My wife stole all my CDs and will play them during class to calm them all down. Instead of teacher she should be called a snake charmer.

Leave a comment:

• MarkoPetrovic
    replied
    very hard life and destiny....

Leave a comment:

• darkhorse6
    replied
    Originally posted by codemanski View Post
    +100 on that one ^^^^!

That's where my little guy goes...they are fantastic!

(Let me know if I can help darkhorse6)
    Thanks! Given where we are in Colorado, it's actually easier to go to Salt Lake City. So far, the doctors have been really helpful and informative. It's a long drive either way, but at least my kids get good naps in. For some reason, they fall asleep quickly to dubstep/electronic and Irish stuff like Lunasa (one of my favs).

Leave a comment:

• codemanski
    replied
    Have you checked out Children's Hospital in Denver. They have a bunch of top notch people. Many moons ago we have spent many hours up there.
    +100 on that one ^^^^!

That's where my little guy goes...they are fantastic!

(Let me know if I can help darkhorse6)
    Last edited by codemanski; 02-04-2015, 02:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IAM Rand
    replied
    Have you checked out Children's Hospital in Denver. They have a bunch of top notch people. Many moons ago we have spent many hours up there.

Leave a comment:

• darkhorse6
    replied
    I have heard of people moving their family here just to get it. I am not a very big MJ fan and have seen way to many "YOUNG" males with back issues and their MJ cards, but I do see that there are possible benefits to TCH. Worth a shot. Wouldn't/shouldn't be too difficult to find a doc that will prescribe it. There may even be a website here that will give you a support network to help you with the process.
    Yeah, we are definitely exploring all available options for sure. We've got to go to Salt Lake City for some appointments at the end of the month, so we'll get a good idea of where she is at.

Leave a comment:

• IAM Rand
    replied

Leave a comment:

• darkhorse6
    replied
    I hate to say this due to the nature of my/our jobs, but Charlotte's Web. Made right here in CO. I think it can be found in Colorado Springs. I have heard only positive things about it. You may have to have your wife pick it up instead of you.

Good luck.
    My wife would definitely have to do it for sure... And it looks like a great solution.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2714 users online. 118 members and 2596 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X