Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
    Did you dump him yet?
    judging by the sound of Krystal's crickets chirping and her consistent rebutting and refusal to "hear" what is being told to her - I'm thinking she did not like the responses or "reality" and I really hope she makes the better decision here advised by fellow members with sound advice and experience.

Comment

Originally posted by sanitizer View Post
      For most it’s easier to get another significant other then another law enforcement job.
      I know this is a national forum but I am guessing that statement is 98.44% correct.

Comment

The fact that she has indicated that she hasn't observed her b/f in a state of intoxication very often when he has several dui convictions raises two red flags for me.

She indicated that she thinks he doesn't drink very often when he has been caught owi so many times. I grew up with a mother who drank vodka excessively, but because wasn't falling down drunk & she didn't have an odor of alcohol on her breath I grew up thinking that her behavior was normal. It wasn't until after she had passed that I learned that she had been an alcoholic when I was young, not just when I was in college & saw her falling down drunk. Through either denial or growing up thinking her type of behavior was normal (or both), I became oblivious to intoxication unless it involved extreme impairment. It would appear that Krystal suffers from a similar inability to detect her b/f's intoxication. And a situation like that can only lead to bigger issues such as his hiding his drinking or her inability to trust him (I don't think doing frequent nystagmus tests would go over that well with him). This relationship sounds like it is doomed by the alcohol one way or another.

The other red flag is that in not recognizing her b/f's drinking I have to question whether she has the ability to recognize signs of intoxication in her customers. If she can't see signs of impairment in someone who appears to have a severe drinking problem right in front of her, how can she possibly be an effective police officer? If she's in the academy (which it sounds like she might be if her story is true), then she's in for a rude awakening once she starts with her FTO.

This girl needs to re-evaluate her relationship...and herself.
        This Space For Rent

Comment

An individual who is arrested under a crime charge will be taken into custody for dispensation. When they are treated, they provide the chance to get a release from prison. There are numerous methods of doing this, and one of those opportunities is utilizing a bail bond.
          Bail bonds
          Bail bondsman
          Indio bail bonds

Comment

WTF was THAT posting, David?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
              The fact that she has indicated that she hasn't observed her b/f in a state of intoxication very often when he has several dui convictions raises two red flags for me.

She indicated that she thinks he doesn't drink very often when he has been caught owi so many times. I grew up with a mother who drank vodka excessively, but because wasn't falling down drunk & she didn't have an odor of alcohol on her breath I grew up thinking that her behavior was normal. It wasn't until after she had passed that I learned that she had been an alcoholic when I was young, not just when I was in college & saw her falling down drunk. Through either denial or growing up thinking her type of behavior was normal (or both), I became oblivious to intoxication unless it involved extreme impairment. It would appear that Krystal suffers from a similar inability to detect her b/f's intoxication. And a situation like that can only lead to bigger issues such as his hiding his drinking or her inability to trust him (I don't think doing frequent nystagmus tests would go over that well with him). This relationship sounds like it is doomed by the alcohol one way or another.

The other red flag is that in not recognizing her b/f's drinking I have to question whether she has the ability to recognize signs of intoxication in her customers. If she can't see signs of impairment in someone who appears to have a severe drinking problem right in front of her, how can she possibly be an effective police officer? If she's in the academy (which it sounds like she might be if her story is true), then she's in for a rude awakening once she starts with her FTO.

This girl needs to re-evaluate her relationship...and herself.
              On top of that, remember there are extremely high functioning alcoholics. If someone's been drinking for a while, they can act and appear normal even when their BAC is high enough that most of us would be falling over drunk.

On a side note, being a serious alcoholic is real bad. Did you know if a severe alcoholic stops cold-turkey, they can die. In the hospital, they'll give them beer because the withdrawal can be deadly.

Comment

Originally posted by david wilson View Post
                An individual who is arrested under a crime charge will be taken into custody for dispensation. When they are treated, they provide the chance to get a release from prison. There are numerous methods of doing this, and one of those opportunities is utilizing a bail bond.
                Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                WTF was THAT posting, David?

It appears to be a cut & paste from Washington Bail Bonds Infographic site.
                Last edited by sanitizer; 08-12-2015, 01:31 PM.

Comment

My head hurts from reading david's post. Who the f**k necros a post with plagiarized material written by an illiterate person.

Comment

Originally posted by david wilson View Post
                    Anyone understand this^^^^^^ I read it 3 times and each time it sounds more ****ed up.

Comment

Originally posted by SGTWILKS View Post
                      Anyone understand this^^^^^^ I read it 3 times and each time it sounds more ****ed up.
                      As of this writing 75% of his post are Google search cut and paste.

Comment

Originally posted by sanitizer View Post
                        As of this writing 75% of his post are Google search cut and paste.
                        Sonic popping up again after being banned?

Comment

Originally posted by SGTWILKS View Post
                          Nope, made my head hurt too.
                          Train for tomorrow, for you never know what it will bring to the fight.
                          In the school of Policing, there is no graduation day.

Arguing on the internet, is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
                          Do Not Disturb sign should read, Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.
                          Even if the voices aren't real, They have some really good ideas.

Comment

Krystal - 37 year cop and 30 year sober alcoholic, here, who once had the job of assisting cops and their family members with alcohol-related matters.

It is said that for every time someone gets caught DUI/OWI there were 85 times they didn't. I don't know how accurate that is, but in my case it might have been true. I was caught and cut loose twice. I know I was DUI more than 170 times.

Based upon your description, I think your boyfriend has a problem with alcohol. One he needs to explore. You may also may never touch a drop, but alcohol (HIS drinking) is affecting your judgment and may harm your career. Your "not giving up on him" may sound noble and worthy of a country music award, but in real life it's just a signpost pointing toward disaster. I will suggest counseling, both couples and individual. I am not, for one minute, suggesting anyone is crazy....merely that they need guidance in exploring their lives and behaviors to get to the bottom of things and hopefully improve.

Now for the other, more serious, part: You say that a fourth conviction in your state is now a felony. EVEN IF he doesn't go away to prison/jail for a long time, he will still be a convicted felon, unable to possess or be near firearms.

Many departments also have rules against associating with convicted felons. When I was a police chief and if I had narrowed it down to two applicants with similar qualifications I had to choose from, if one had a convicted felon she was involved with, I'd go with the other party.
                            "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

If he is working on violation number four, then he has already been given three chances to change and he chose not to. Cut him loose and move on. My dad was an abusive alcoholic and my mother and I received our fair share of abuse and beatings. If you're a cop long enough and see the results of alcoholism and domestic abuse, you'll see a big picture and it won't be pretty. Think of the future too. If you were ever to have kids together, do want them to live like that? Current events in the news clearly show the results of bad parenting.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2695 users online. 132 members and 2563 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X