• mj
    replied
    He is the one!

Leave a comment:

• mj
    replied
    Yes, it is huge.

Originally posted by chapwolfe View Post
    If you are not comfortable around firearms you've got another big obstacle to overcome.

Leave a comment:

• mj
    replied
    Many thanks!

Originally posted by Che View Post
    mj, good for you. I do the same thing because that is what my mother expects from me as "officer and a gentleman". He sounds like he was raised right.

P.S. in life sometimes you have to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• chapwolfe
    replied
    If you are not comfortable around firearms you've got another big obstacle to overcome.

Leave a comment:

• Che
    replied
    Originally posted by mj View Post
    He did things for me-not talking things to me. Before I left he refueled my tank, cleaned my front windshield and rear view mirrors, loaded my favourite Starbucks doubleshot espresso [small cans, that cannot be found in Vancouver] and oil-free popcorns. He gave me a good umbrella and checked if I got 6.5 USD to pay for the bridge toll!
    He is one in a billion! Nice guy and sweet man!
    mj, good for you. I do the same thing because that is what my mother expects from me as "officer and a gentleman". He sounds like he was raised right.

P.S. in life sometimes you have to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• So Fla Cop
    replied
    Originally posted by Che View Post
    "notorious for infidelity"

Get a promotion or two and you think you are legendary.
    I am legendary. Just axe me.

Leave a comment:

• mj
    replied
    We saw each other again! I was travelling with friends in WA last week and he invited me over to his place.
    It is hard for both of us to break up. I saw the whole house including the room "where he sleeps"...LOL
    I ate a simple dinner he cooked for me. He showed me his paycheck. The next day he asked me to go there again and he made breakfast for me. Sweet guy really! I even saw in his study room there was a "Chinese Book for Dummies"! Very touched that he was learning Chinese. He has many books there too including some thick Criminology books. He hangs his diplomas there too! I didn't take a careful look but I have noticed there were four of those.
    He did things for me-not talking things to me. Before I left he refueled my tank, cleaned my front windshield and rear view mirrors, loaded my favourite Starbucks doubleshot espresso [small cans, that cannot be found in Vancouver] and oil-free popcorns. He gave me a good umbrella and checked if I got 6.5 USD to pay for the bridge toll!
    He is one in a billion! Nice guy and sweet man!
    I cannot ignore all these details. I don't want to walk away as if nothing had ever happened!
    We like each other, a lot! Thinking about him all my way back driving. Complicated but true. This is the real emotional world of human being.
    I don't know what's wrong with me but I am struggling so hard.
    Last edited by mj; 12-16-2014, 02:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mj
    replied
    These that were discussed were not him. Not at all. He is a truly honest and nice guy. I have known more about him in the past weekend or so.
    BUT, I gave it a thorough thought and figure out long distance and cop's lifestyle may not suit my personality. I ask him not to continue.
    Totally irrelevant, but do not prejudge people or put them in a stereotype box.
    Funny part we even watched the FOX Cops together and he told me his brother-in-law was in there/who is also a cop.
    He has 3 guns and 1 rifle-that scared me totally.
    It is hard for a cop to stay within an ideal relationship. This is the end of our story. Thanks all again.

Leave a comment:

• Che
    replied
    "notorious for infidelity"

Remember most cops never got to be a rock star, pro football player or famous actor. So when women throw themselves at you, as a officer, your ego mushrooms out of control. Get a promotion or two and you think you are legendary.

Leave a comment:

• jcioccke
    replied
    Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post
    Does his wife know he works overtime too?
    hahahahahhahaha Had to be said. Leave it to the retired guy lol

Leave a comment:

• mj
    replied
    Originally posted by hemicop View Post
    "Reiland" gave you some great advice. "SoFlaCop" & "Che" did, too! Cops & firemen are notorious for infidelity so I wouldn't rule that out. In any case, after almost 40 years in LE, I don't think I'd date or marry a cop. The stressors, uncertainty and paranoia that he experiences will eventually trickle down to your daily life & possibly to you. Life's too short to be subjected to it. However I will say there are people out there that can gloss over those concerns & do just fine. You may be one of those special women. IF he's single & IF you can make this work & IF you're one of those special women you may very well have a wonderful life. Myself, I'd never date a cop.
    Yes, great advice! Thanks a lot guys. "notorious for infidelity" that scared me much than anything.
    I am glad that I came here for advice. Very valuable. Lovely weekend but contrasted information against the peaceful time and happyiness. Before I get addictive, I need to really think through and collect infrmation, and listen to parents/friends' ideas too.
    Good experience here tho. Appreciate very much. He looks really really cool, sharp, and nice. But you guys are correct.
    I am struggling and that is not a good taste to be honest.

Leave a comment:

• hemicop
    replied
    "Reiland" gave you some great advice. "SoFlaCop" & "Che" did, too! Cops & firemen are notorious for infidelity so I wouldn't rule that out. In any case, after almost 40 years in LE, I don't think I'd date or marry a cop. The stressors, uncertainty and paranoia that he experiences will eventually trickle down to your daily life & possibly to you. Life's too short to be subjected to it. However I will say there are people out there that can gloss over those concerns & do just fine. You may be one of those special women. IF he's single & IF you can make this work & IF you're one of those special women you may very well have a wonderful life. Myself, I'd never date a cop.

Leave a comment:

• Che
    replied
    Originally posted by mj View Post
    I trust my intuitive sense most of the time and it works out well for most things not only seeing a man.
    Go to where he lives. If you have never been to where he sleeps that might be a clue. My partners always tell me how they cheat on wives and girlfriends.

Leave a comment:

• Che
    replied
    Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post
    Does his wife know he works overtime too?
    Very true. I am sure we could tell you some crazy stories about our coworkers. One sergeant I worked with was always chasing female officers, dispatchers, the dog catcher, etc, etc. Confirmed bachelor and such, well one day (after I have known him 10+ years, he was on the job 15) he gets an emergency call, his son got hit by a bus. He has a wife? He has children? Wow none of us really knew that guy, even after 15 years on the job.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4428 users online. 271 members and 4157 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X