300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEO and Fire Fighter ONLY Child Care Center

Hey guys, I'm a LEO in the Dallas area and as the subject line implies I'm thinking of opening a child care center that would only allow the children of active LEO's and fire fighters. Everything about the center would be emergency services friendly; from the hours we're open to our attention to safety and security.

So here's my question. Would you consider placing your child/children in such a daycare? Reasons for "no" would be apprciated.

Also, what kind of services would you like in a daycare that caters to people in our life style.

Thanks for any feedback.

My first question is whether a state licensed child care center can legally discriminate based on the parent's occupation. Have you run your business model by the regulating agency?

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
      My first question is whether a state licensed child care center can legally discriminate based on the parent's occupation. Have you run your business model by the regulating agency?
      Any business can refuse service to anyone----------------that is why Starbucks can kick cops out of their stores if they wish

Cops and/or non cops are not a protected status so there would be no problem with civil rights here
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by TXCOP1980 View Post
        Hey guys, I'm a LEO in the Dallas area and as the subject line implies I'm thinking of opening a child care center that would only allow the children of active LEO's and fire fighters. Everything about the center would be emergency services friendly; from the hours we're open to our attention to safety and security.

So here's my question. Would you consider placing your child/children in such a daycare? Reasons for "no" would be apprciated.

Also, what kind of services would you like in a daycare that caters to people in our life style.

Thanks for any feedback.
        I would not enroll my children there for fear of putting them at risk. You have to remember that our families are targets to those who despise us. Having our kids in a central location would be a tempting target to someone or an organization with an axe to grind against LE.

I think the idea would be great in different times.

Stay safe.
        Last edited by Country_Jim; 10-15-2014, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Country_Jim View Post
          I would not enroll my children there for fear of putting them at risk. You have to remember that our families are targets to those who despise us. Having our kids in a central location would be a tempting target to someone or an organization with an axe to grind against LE.

I think the idea would be great in different times.

Stay safe.
          So very true.

I would say make it 24/7 which would automatically make it friendly to ANYONE who works shift work, but keep it open to anyone who wants to use it and don't advertise how many LE or FF use it.
          Originally posted by RSGSRT
          We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
          Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
            Any business can refuse service to anyone----------------that is why Starbucks can kick cops out of their stores if they wish

Cops and/or non cops are not a protected status so there would be no problem with civil rights here
            Before plans are made, I think it is prudent to speak with the regulating body.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everyone. An emergency service only daycare exists already in Arizona. That's not where I got the idea but I found it researching if any existed. I understand the concerns about safety and I would make it difficult to gain entry. My kids would be there too. For added security, on-duty officers would be welcome to take breaks in a separate room away from the children that offers free coffee, snacks, wifi and tables for report writing. Other perks I've worked out are no registration fees, 60 free minutes of late pickup a week for the times we get those late calls, job offers to PD/FD family members, reduced child care rate for staff, one free date night a month for staff...i'm basically making the kind of daycare I wish I could take my kids to.

Comment

If the security and potential discrimination issues can be resolved I think it's a good idea.

Many corporations offer on-site daycare as a benefit to their employees. That might be one way around the two issues.
                "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

This sounds like a good idea OP. But like other Officers have already noted I'd be concerned about security.

Comment

For any added businees open it to te medical field, dont forget they work the same hours as we do.

I dont see a big issue as ong as advertising is done low key
                    I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Great idea. Any chance of you doing this in South Florida as well? ;-)
                      I'd also suggest including medical personnel and love the idea about encouraging on duty officers to take breaks, wifi, report writing, etc. Good luck. I'd definitely consult an attorney or regulating agency just to double check about restricting membership though.
                      The views, comments, and opinions posted above represent soley the views, comments, and opinions of myself alone, and to my knowledge do not represent the views, comments, and opinions of anyone else or my employer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5939 users online. 354 members and 5585 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X