Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family tactics

Hi all,

I'm working with my wife to develop some action plans - code words, what to do in an emergency when were out and about, how to notify her that a former customer is nearby.. So forth. Obviously this is a bit sensitive, but I'd be grateful if anyone could PM some of what you've set up or what kinds of plans you recommend having in place.

Much appreciated.

"Rabbit" out of context means get away from me now. Haven't really needed any others.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Simple and sweet. I say "sex" or "Anal" she runs away pretty quick
      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
        Simple and sweet. I say "sex" or "Anal" she runs away pretty quick
        Or "laundry", "dishwasher", "oral", "how much did you spend?"....
        Originally posted by RSGSRT
        We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
        Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

I have 2 code words that I use when I want my wife to take action

LEAVE NOW------------and she would leave me alone and go inside a store to watch

CALL 911................well that is self explanatory. She knew to use the words "Officer needs help"

If I was dealing with an ex con, I didn't need any fancy code words to tell my family to get away from me because the idiot already was there and knew who I was

If I saw the idiot first I would just tell the family to make themselves scarce for awhile----
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Thanks all.

Comment

When need a code word, if you don't use it or practice it it wont work. I think of the movie ice age and the mammoth goes into labor and she says the code word several times until he gets it. keep it simiple, like "Honey I gotta go to work, call the station and walk away." or something similar.
              I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

I'm a bit more direct when I'm out with the wife. However I do have some specific words & phrases established with the wife over the phone if there was a problem so she'd know what to do & just what was going on. That seems a bit more important to me......

Comment

I trained my kids to never talk about what I do for work while they are at school (especially since they go to a public school).
                  semper destravit

Comment

My wife & I had/have non-verbal signals, the most critical is when I get ready to deploy my off duty weapon. She knows to seek cover and get ready to call 911.
                    Train for tomorrow, for you never know what it will bring to the fight.
                    In the school of Policing, there is no graduation day.

Arguing on the internet, is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
                    Do Not Disturb sign should read, Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.
                    Even if the voices aren't real, They have some really good ideas.

Comment

As kids we were taught the following. Dad is a bit old school we didn't have special code words or plans. On the occasion we did get the guy who would try to spit on his uniform or start a fight with him off duty he usually chose to get us kids safely away first. I'm sure if I wasn't there the situation would have ended differently for the other guy in both scenarios. During road rages the badge in the window was enough to end it.
                      • Don't talk about dad's work to anyone.
                      • Group center mass, reserve last round for head shot.
                      • Don't ask where dad is or what dad does.
                      • You will become proficient with 1911, and Chief's special with +P.

These days you have to really lockdown your social media. EMR-ISAC released an FBI warning in April for law enforcement family members use of social media. I've requested my father not use FB for my family, and I don't have FB or Twitter.

Hacktivists Threaten to Target Law Enforcement Personnel and Public Officials

While eliminating your exposure in the current digital age is nearly impossible, law enforcement and public officials can take steps to minimize their risk in the event they are targeted.

Advise family members to turn on security settings on ALL social media accounts. Family member associations are public information and family members can become online targets of opportunity.
                      "... no people, however warlike in spirit and ambition, in natural courage and self-confidence, can be made at once, by uniforms and guns, a military force. Until they learn drill and discipline, they are a mob..."

-William Howard Taft

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4893 users online. 306 members and 4587 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X