300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Does a Person Cope?

On Thursday, June 12, a PD in a small city/town in Southern Colorado lost two of their finest to what is being labeled a murder/suicide. The officer was retired with 30 years of dedicated service, while his wife, a dispatcher with the same agency, had 21 years of service. Allegedly, Danny shot Priscilla, and then turned the gun on himself.
    My wife went to school with both of them, and worked with the officer when she was a Reserve Officer, and I met Danny when I worked booking in the County Jail.
    Somehow, it all doesn't seem real, and I know my wife is having a difficult time dealing with the loss. Are there any suggestions someone might offer that might help her/us get through this difficult time? I'm at a loss, and although I realize things will get better as time passes, I'd just like to be able to say something positive to help my wife get over the funk she is in. Thanks!
    Ski

Contact the Concerns of Police Survivors for your area

http://www.coloradocops.org/

A couple years ago we had an on-duty officer commit suicide..............COPS came in and really helped...................
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I agree with with what Iowa stated. The worst thing that you can do is nothing. Reach out to COPS, they are the experts in dealing with this situation. The days where we keep things bottled up inside need to disappear for good.
      In God We Trust
      Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

Make use of COPS, or any therapist available through your health plan.

I am not, for one instance, saying that anyone's crazy. The fact of the matter is that you're likely normal people affected by very abnormal events. talking it out, with a trained someone who can elicit more in-depth responses from you is a way to uncover, discover and discard.

I am so very sorry this has happened. It was probably a very dark and scary place where he found himself and his best thinking said that death, for them both, was the only way out.
        "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5477 users online. 323 members and 5154 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X