Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I blow it?

I blew it.

Anyone ever get caught up with being too professional and too "in to" your job?

Here's my story. Single. 24 years old. Military Veteran. And, of course, rookie.

Never had a problem attracting females or talking to them. I don't put them on a pedestal, that's for sure. But today, I was walking my beat, introducing myself to the business owners before I go back to nights permanently. You know, just to get my foot in the door and let people know that not all of us stay holed up in our cars and play on the phone or computer when we don't have calls. Pretty simple, right? It was. Until I walked in to one of the many Hispanic businesses in the area.

I walk in, see this drop-dead-gorgeous female, rockin' body, cute face, long black hair...just a stunner. A stone cold stunner. Give her the typical schpiel about how I'm walking the beat and handing out pamphlets about stuff our Department does and I specifically tell her our non-emergency line is XXX and of course, if there is an emergency, dial 911 no questions asked.

At this point, she's looking at me with what can best be described as "bedroom eyes" and goes, "Oh wow! How old are you?"

"24."

"What is a number that I can reach you (with emphasis on the you) at if something were to happen, Mr. Officer?"

Prepare to cringe...

I look at her with a straight face and..."The department telephone line on the pamphlet, ma'am."

I walked out, told my FTO about what had just occurred and at the time clock, not coincidentally, everyone knew what I had done. I walked out of the complex today in shame.

Negative, Ghost Rider.

Crash and burn, Mav.

Nah, you didn't.

Now she knows you can be professional, not just the stereotypical cop everyone expects to get all the numbers.

I mean it ain't like you'll never see her again Just be extra nice next time so she will know you weren't trying to blow her off?
    ~Sunny

>>Ephesians 6:13<<

Comment

Haha, fail.

Better make another stop by the business tomorrow.

Comment

You did right.

The badge will get you p****, but p***** will get the badge.

Comment

Allow me to share NYPD's three P's of trouble:

Prisoners...

Property...

You know the third...
          sigpic

"I pity guys like you, I truly do. Everything you own and have you can thank the job for and still you despise it. I don't understand how any man can choose a career, hate it from the beginning, not have the balls to leave, and then complain about it once he's retired."

-Thee Rant (surprisingly)

Originally posted by NYCTNT
          DF,

Why do you bother?

Comment

Yeah you blew it!
            PM the address and I'll take care of it.....

------------------------------------------------
            What Michigan said is right.....

Comment

No, no, no, don't give the address to Sanitizer. An older and more distinguished person of rank needs to go smooth things over (community outreach and all that stuff). Send the info to me.
              Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                No, no, no, don't give the address to Sanitizer. An older and more distinguished person of rank needs to go smooth things over (community outreach and all that stuff). Send the info to me.
                There's someone older than sanitizer here? Wow

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                  Originally posted by CaptainKangaroo5691 View Post
                  There's someone older than sanitizer here? Wow

Yes sir Lieutenant , rank does have its privileges. However we all know what happens when you involve administration.

Sending Capt. K’s is also out of the question, in another post I mentioned HR 218 and he thought I was referring to two high school seniors working a Human Relations internship. Besides he keeps stating he’s “down under” that alone should raise a red flag.

To prevent a classic case of “Fubar” , your best bet is an "old school" Sergeant who understands the true meaning and value of community policing.

Comment

Everyone knows, it's not the rank you need.. Its the wingman that can go in and determine if she is the right fit to hook up..ehhh I mean, date a cop... And we all know that it's us Southern Boys that have the charm anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by sanitizer View Post

Sending Capt. K’s is also out of the question, in another post I mentioned HR 218 and he thought I was referring to two high school seniors working a Human Relations internship. Besides he keeps stating he’s “down under” that alone should raise a red flag.
                      Remember, Sgt., brothels are legal here.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainKangaroo5691 View Post
                        Remember, Sgt., brothels are legal here.
                        I haven't forgotten, your FB page is crammed with an array of “down under” photo’s. I hope Santa brought you a snorkel and periscope.

Comment

Originally posted by sanitizer View Post
                          I haven't forgotten, your FB page is crammed with an array of “down under” photo’s. I hope Santa brought you a snorkel and periscope.
                          I deleted them as they might hamper my career advancement.

Yeah, Santa brought me a lot of things. It was Christmas themed night at Gotham.

Comment

Capt. k, as you know selecting L-1 will generate a copious amount of admin memorandums, something we can do without.

At my advance age, heart attacks are a concern. How would I ever explain it if she had one?

That leaves you and XD_Shooter. Given a choice between “Down Under” and “The land of Dixie” I’ll go with our southern colleague.

Comment

Is it a crime in the US to kill someone with love? If not, you're golden.

I agree. XD_Shooter, enjoy....and, uh, send a photo our way. I want to see this "stone cold stunner" for myself.
                              Last edited by CaptainKangaroo5691; 01-07-2014, 11:46 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10482 users online. 470 members and 10012 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X