Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A story about a slippery slope...

snipped for future reference
    Last edited by Sierra259; 10-30-2012, 10:39 AM.

Comment

You already said it. There are plenty of fish. I am 41 and never been married. So, I have had a few long term relationships. Some of them I am still good friends with. It takes a little time to get over it. But there are so many worse things in this world than a break up.

It is good, I think, that you realize your flaws, and what you have done wrong. (I never have done that, the list would be to long, lol)

Try to seperate work life, and real life. Do what you enjoy. (easy on the video games)

Comment

Don't let your job become your life. Life is more important than "working" 24/7.

Comment

Would you like a girl's point of view? She found someone else in college. Sorry but its true. And don't worry soon you will get over her and realize she is not the one. You may not like this next thing, but quit being a loser and do not send her anymore letters messages etc. Don't waste your time talking to her mom either. She is only going to tell you what you want to hear. I believe you are in thd academy right? How do you have time to play video games or think about her? I was in the academy 6:30a-5p and studying till late then sleep! I was in a relationship with who i thought was 'the one'. He got deployed in october (this was 4yrs ago) right after i graduated the academy. He broke up with me in january over email on my bday, saying the long distance relationship was too much and maybe we could resume when he got back. I was angry, but with work and ot i got over him in a week and realized i wasnt inlove with him at all. Few months later i made friends with a cop who was his neighbor back overseas at base. He told me my ex was with a female soldier over there. I kept that to myself, but when my ex returned he wanted to start our relationship again...not no but hell no! Now im married to the man of my dreams! A man that can run after someone in cowboy boots and catch em is just the man for me.

Yea...get over it, there is more important things out there to worry about then some tail.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaAlpha4 View Post
            Would you like a girl's point of view? She found someone else in college. Sorry but its true. And don't worry soon you will get over her and realize she is not the one.
            I'm really sorry OP, and I know it's not what you want to hear right now. But I guarantee you this is the case. Trust me on this. I've been in your situation and heard the EXACT same things. "Maybe we should take a break....we can try going on a date after the break....I need time to myself...etc..." Listen to me when I tell you this is her feeling bad about breaking your heart so she is trying to give you something to hold on to so she doesn't have to feel like the bad guy.

I know you don't want to hear it from others that it will get better because I know I didn't at the time either. You can't imagine your life without her. But it WILL get better and you WILL get over it. In fact, you will look back on this a year from now and realize that you have actually grown as a person because of it and you're better off. We learn from the mistakes of past relationships to make future ones better.

Don't blame yourself that you lost her because of the job man, I guarantee it had nothing to do with it.

I'm curious OP, how old are you and your "ex-ish" girlfriend?

Comment

Comment

I thought you were in the academy. How long have you been a cop? I just wouldnt let something like this affect my job. If my husband decided to leave me...peace out, moving on! Life is just too damn short. I know i've almost died twice.

Comment

You live with your parents and call them "Roommates"?

M-11
                  “All men dream...... But not equally..
                  Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                  but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                  for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Last edited by Sierra259; 10-30-2012, 10:40 AM.

Comment

But you call them Roommates?

Have you even seen "Grandmas Boy"?

M-11
                      Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;

TE Lawrence

Comment

Comment

There's time. See it.

M-11

TE Lawrence

Comment

Here is my take. You seem focused on changing to win her back. Let's say you do get her back. Most likely you will fall into that cycle again. The reason I say that is because when I first started my relationship with my significant other, I was smothering, jealous, etc. I was just like you. If she didn't text back or call back within a few hours I would start texting her friends and asking them where she was. Yes, I was THAT BAD.

My signifcant other sat down and talked with me and said I have to change. I tried to but I could feel those tendencies coming back even stronger. Then I had a pep talk with myself and said that I NEEDED TO CHANGE. Not for her, but for myself. I wanted to better myself. This was around the same time that I lost 40 lbs, with the help of my significant other. If I look back at how I was, I get disgusted with myself and ****ed at myself for acting like that.

As for weight, that's still a work in progress. I went down to 155, started putting on muscle (as well as some extra weight...) and went back to 171. Doing P90X now and dropping the weight again.

My point is, do not change and become better to impress her or to "win" her back. Change and better yourself because you want to. That's the only way it will work. Cause if you change to win her back, what happens if you two get back together? The incentive keep bettering yourself and stay your changed self will slowly dissapate away

Comment

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5910 users online. 373 members and 5537 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X