Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My son is a little confused about what I do...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My son is a little confused about what I do...

My son is two and he knows what his dad does for a living. The problem is he is slightly confused about what to call me. Before he could talk my wife would tell him I was going to catch bad guys whenever I left for work. Once he started to talk one of his first phrases was, "Daddy catch bad guys." Cute right?

Well now that he is talking in more complete sentences we discovered that he calls all officers "bad guys". Any officer in uniform is bad guy. Any patrol car is a bad guy car. We've created a monster. The other day I took him with me while I ran to the station to pick up some paperwork. We ran into one of the traffic sergeants and my son points and says, "Daddy, there's a bad guy."

"Um, sorry sarge, he's a little confused."

I keep telling him we're the good guys, but he's not buying it. Hopefully I haven't doomed my son to a life a crime...

I guess I'd start by explaining that daddy and his friends are good guys and go from there. He is still very young, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Comment

I'm not too worried about it. I posted this more for humor than anything.

Comment

LMAO that's great. Pretty soon he will be calling you much worse lol
        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
          LMAO that's great. Pretty soon he will be calling you much worse lol
          You'd coach him for free... right. LOL!!!!

Oh carp!! Once again I confused you with jannino.
          sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

You're his father. Usually you're not a bad guy until he's a teenager.

Take him to the local ghetto and let him wander around. He'll learn real quick who the bad guys are.
            “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

His teacher at daycare told my wife he has started handcuffing the other kids and taking them to "jail".

Apparently the other kids think this is great and it has become their new favorite game.

Comment

Originally posted by zeplin View Post
                You'd coach him for free... right. LOL!!!!

Oh carp!! Once again I confused you with jannino.
                It happens LMAO
                MDRDEP:

Comment

Originally posted by NYCDep View Post
                  You're his father. Usually you're not a bad guy until he's a teenager.

Take him to the local ghetto and let him wander around. He'll learn real quick who the bad guys are.
                  +1 LMAO so true
                  MDRDEP:

Comment

hey, wait a minute!! Since you guys have my name in your mouth, let me put something else in there for you too!!

lol. I really thought this thread was going to be about something else... all I saw on the main page was "My son is a little confused"

Comment

Originally posted by deep_blue View Post
                      His teacher at daycare told my wife he has started handcuffing the other kids and taking them to "jail".

Apparently the other kids think this is great and it has become their new favorite game.
                      That's some funny stuff!!!!
                      sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

Originally posted by jannino View Post
                        hey, wait a minute!! Since you guys have my name in your mouth, let me put something else in there for you too!!

lol. I really thought this thread was going to be about something else... all I saw on the main page was "My son is a little confused"
                        Good Lord, I hope I never have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by deep_blue View Post
                          Good Lord, I hope I never have to deal with that.
                          Kids are always confused about something.
                          sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

I tell my 3 year old that I go catch people and put them in big time outs, seems to get the concept.

Comment

What the hell, just put on a couple of episodes of COPS... he'll think you're the most awesome dad in the world...

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5191 users online. 284 members and 4907 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X