Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Believe In Miracles!!!

Just had to tell someone...

In February of 2009, my wifes brother was diagnosed with a cancerous Brain Tumor. He was given a year to a year and 1/2. We have spent many hours on the phone, and driving several hundred miles to sit with him during his treatments, have lunch, plan for his death etc., etc. After 2 years of extensive radiation and chemo, we just got the news today that the tumor isn't in remission...

it is GONE!!!!!

We really believe in the power of prayer, and in miracles! I just wanted to share some good news for a change!

This is great -----------------and why one should never give up.

There are many stories about those going to cancer centers (rather than regular hospitals) who have survived "terminal" cancer.

Thanks for the good news.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Great news Codemanski.

The power of prayer is amazing.
      This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

That is truly a miracle! So happy to hear and thanks for sharing!

World_So_Cold

Comment

That's fantastic news, codemanski! May God bless your BIL and keep him well.
          Originally posted by JasperST
          "The fail is strong with this one."

Originally posted by mdrep
          It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

Comment

Great news!
            Yeah. That would go poorly. Like, on the Scale of Fail, somewhere between "Titanic" and "Chernobyl."
            --Squirrel

Comment

Wonderful news! Thank you for sharing it with us!

There is a very interesting little book called "Getting Well Again", written by a married couple, one an oncologist and the other a psychologist who works with oncology patients. They became interested in the little percentage of patients who receive a hopeless prognosis, but who are healed-- and also the little percentage who should get better, but do not. They concluded that it is very important what is going on in the mind and heart of these patients-- that some ways of thinking about illness actually shut down our immune systems, while others empower them.

Prayer fits right into this picture. A belief that God is in the situation with you can unleash the healing power that God built right into you. I think this is what Jesus was talking about when he told healed people, "Your faith has made you whole."

That belief/faith/trust/hope in God is like the little pebble that starts an avalanche-- a small thing that unleashes tremendous power.
              We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
              but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

Great news!

Comment

Fantastic. Scripture is clear about the power of prayer and your testimony is a perfect example of prayer working. God bless you and your family!
                  Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Just a side note...about 6 months ago, my wifes brother told her about a dream he had. In this dream he said he had visualized himself "blowing the tumor" out of his nose. Now I 'm not sure if his dream was a sign of what was to be...but I thought it interesting he had this premonition 6 months prior to the tumor being gone! Thanks to ALL of you for your thoughts and prayers.

"Ski"

Comment

What a great Story and news for your family. I am beyond happy for everyone!!!!
                      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by codemanski View Post
                        Just a side note...about 6 months ago, my wifes brother told her about a dream he had. In this dream he said he had visualized himself "blowing the tumor" out of his nose. Now I 'm not sure if his dream was a sign of what was to be...but I thought it interesting he had this premonition 6 months prior to the tumor being gone! Thanks to ALL of you for your thoughts and prayers.

"Ski"
                        What a wonderful dream! It allowed him to feel the empowerment of expelling that tumor-- and that is the sort of positive imagery that sparks the immune system into action. Tests have shown that depression closes your immune system down-- you don't make as many T cells, so your body doesn't engage its immune system when it needs to. This is the opposite effect.

So that dream was not only a sign of things to come, but perhaps was part of the mechanism by which they came.

I do believe God works through dreams, and speaks to us through dreams, and this is a really wonderful example.
                        We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
                        but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6353 users online. 380 members and 5973 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X