Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell us about your "friend's" extra-marital affairs....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell us about your "friend's" extra-marital affairs....

In generic terms of course...

What successes, if any, or dismal catastrophic failures have your friends experienced when stepping-out on their spouses/SO's?

I had a regular partner who routinely strayed - any/every chance he got. He ended up divorced and engaged to a very nice woman. He stepped out on her and got another woman pregnant. He married the pregnant one. I don't have contact with him any longer - his life got too confusing for me to keep the details straighht.

An FTO I had has been married and at the same time involved with another woman for over 30 years. I can't see how he does it. Not that I'm looking for handy hints, mind you.
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Since I am a Reserve Officer most of the time we double up. I have been on the dept well over nine years, and I pretty much ride with the same Officers. Once in awhile I ride with the Rookies... So there is this Officer ( Rookie) at my Dept that is married and one night stopped off for a "break" in his section. It was his "Girlfriend" she was a dispatcher and was married to another Officer out of town. *Shaking Head* man I see trouble brewing... I never said nothing to anyone, thats not me, but man thats just not right.

Comment

um, um ,ummm.... had 2 over the years, never understood the need; I'll qualify that with I got me a good woman...

edited to add, we had to assist on a bad wreck one night and both guys had their "friends" in the cars with them, next day sheriff asks about it, I told don't ask unless he really wanted to know-told me to tell them not to let it happen again...
      Last edited by oneoldcop; 06-20-2010, 02:52 PM.
      It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
      Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

Marriage doesn't exsit anymore...We're (well most people) are too selfish...I pleged a long time ago I will never get married...Growing up I've seen the impact it had on some of my friend...One in particualr turned a nice kid to a thug, their parents spilt b/c the father was kicking it with some other...Also once that happens the parent who did wrong loses their moral authority...

Then again cheaters don't think of their children, till they "find" Jesus and the infamous "it was a mistake" speech is given...

If you're not happy spilt and then go out w/ however you want...Just saying...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by oneoldcop View Post
          we had to assist on a bad wreck one night and both guys had their "friends" in the cars with them, next day sheriff asks about it, I told don't ask unless he really wanted to know-told me to tell them not to let it happen again...
          Reminds me of Officer A, who was having an affair, borrowed friend Officer B's new car to take out the 'squeeze.' Officer A was, probably, DUI and rolled Officer B's car. Officers C & D who were their buddies responded. No arrest, and certainly no accurate T/A report.

Officers A & B got rolled-up and resigned behind other issues but copped out to the DUI and insurance fraud. Officers C & D resigned, rolled-up for falsifying reports, failing to notify department of misconduct, etc.
          "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

I am tha' other guy Officer Kieth...
            Originally posted by mookster
            Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
            Originally posted by CityCopDC
            I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
            Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
            I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
            -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Originally posted by oneoldcop View Post
              um, um ,ummm.... had 2 over the years, never understood the need; I'll qualify that with I got me a good woman...

edited to add, we had to assist on a bad wreck one night and both guys had their "friends" in the cars with them, next day sheriff asks about it, I told don't ask unless he really wanted to know-told me to tell them not to let it happen again...
              Damn Chief..... Crazy piece of dirt we live on......
              Originally posted by mookster
              Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
              Originally posted by CityCopDC
              I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
              Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
              I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
              -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
                Marriage doesn't exsit anymore...We're (well most people) are too selfish...I pleged a long time ago I will never get married...Growing up I've seen the impact it had on some of my friend...One in particualr turned a nice kid to a thug, their parents spilt b/c the father was kicking it with some other...Also once that happens the parent who did wrong loses their moral authority...

Then again cheaters don't think of their children, till they "find" Jesus and the infamous "it was a mistake" speech is given...

If you're not happy spilt and then go out w/ however you want...Just saying...

I totally agree with this. Being from a broken home due to the mother not the father I saw first hand how devistating it is for someone to bust his *** everyday for his family only to find out that the entire county knew before you did. It is not always the man, it definately takes two (if not the whole city).

Having been in a marriage with a cheater myself and two to follow him up I also agree that noone can be truly trusted all the time and unless you are having children I see no real need to marry.

Just wanted to add that in all the cases I listed NOONE admitted even when caught. Noone apologized, the other person was just crazy. Well, I tell ya that in itself would make anyone crazy. I saw what it did to my father and he still hung around until I graduated high school so I wouldn't turn into a punk. Unfortunately it would have taken an additional eight years for my sister who my mother already had her grips on.

Like you said, just move on if you are no longer in love and for God Sake DO NOT HAVE CHILDREN! Alot of guys (and girls) think it's a big ****ing joke and you have no idea what you are doing to people!

People who cheat are weak, low self-esteem, losers who deserve the whole death do us part that they vowed!

OK I'm done.
                Last edited by needguidance; 06-20-2010, 07:31 PM.

World_So_Cold

Comment

Married deputy (with two kids) and single dispatcher. Wife found out and gave an ultimatum. Dispatcher took the dump hard, and refused to go quietly in the night. Wife took kids and left. Distraught deputy held gun to head. Now ex-deputy.
                  Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Had a friend that fell into the badge bunny net. He was married 3 kids, great wife, and home. BB was single and saw the badge not him.

I will never forget my conversation with him. There were two things I told him.

1) She is single and has nothing to lose, and don't think for one minute that she will be OK with you just hitting it.
                    2)Of course she is fun and she laughs at your jokes. She isn't home with your kids all day, and she isn't robbing Peter to pay Paul (bills)

Long story short she pressed him to leave his wife (while she was all over every other Officer in Schenectady) and he declined. One day she knocked on his door and had a long conversation with his wife. She told him that it would be the only way he would leave her. Now he sees his kids every other weekend, lives in an awful apartment and his EX lives in their home with her new husband.

I'm still his friend and I hear every so often him bitc- about this guy living in his house that he pays for. I think it but I will never say I told you so.

Many men can't make the correlation why their wife is not fun (bills, kids, real life issues etc) If these guys would put the effort into their own marriage they would see the reasons why they married their wife come out.
                    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Every single wife (of Officers) that hasn't liked their husbands working with me, has been cheated on and is being cheated on and not a ONE of them is me. Do you know what a PITA it is to be stuck between a rock and a hard place? It's not MY business that you're married to a whore with zone wives all over the place and it's not MY business to tell you what you already know, but the IRONY of you being worried about ME is almost comical. Every single time...every single tiiiiimmmmeeeeee!!! I've seen more than a decade worth of affairs now and they want to worry about me? WTF, over!

Oy!

I'll never forget one Christmas party when I was a new Officer. The SARGE'S wife got drunk and started screaming at me saying I was sleeping with him. Then she tried to slap me before they got her under control. Because I didn't say anything, least I throw HIM under the bus (and I had to work for him), she probably still thinks it was me. It was the dispatcher, btw. And she was standing right next to me during the altercation.

Let's see....another Sarge's wife a few years ago found out about his on duty affairs and started coming to every single shift brief hauling in his 'dinner' and both of their children freshly scrubbed and groomed to the "T" She would stare at me and just watch. That's when I realized she thought *I* was the woman. I demanded that one be cleared up (having already BTDT). The female officer he WAS sleeping with left shortly thereafter.

One fiance kept deleting my phone number from her boyfriends cell phone because she thought I was the other woman. I wasn't; Her roommate was.

It's no fun knowing what my partners are up to. I don't mean to find out and Lord knows I don't ask. It has made for some very uncomfortable off-duty situations.

Anyone else seen the screaming spouses show up at PD to file complaints when they find out about affairs? It's like Jerry Springer.
                      Last edited by Smurfette_76; 06-21-2010, 06:11 AM.
                      sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Good grief...

One of my junior medics was a very handsome blackfella' who was steppin' out on his wife. One night, he came home from whorin' around and went to sleep. His ol' lady took the Fry Daddy oil and threw it on him, burning his face, neck, and chest so bad, it was doubtful that he was even going to live, for a while. She went to jail and he is permanently disfigured and dealing with years of skin-grafts.
                        Sure, that badge will get you midgets, but those midgets will get that badge!

The more I learn about people, the more I prefer the company of my dogs.

Comment

Used to be a problem in my area departments, not so much anymore.
                          Good.........bad..........I'm the guy with the gun - Army of Darknesssigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BCSD Frank View Post
                            Good grief...

One of my junior medics was a very handsome blackfella' who was steppin' out on his wife. One night, he came home from whorin' around and went to sleep. His ol' lady took the Fry Daddy oil and threw it on him, burning his face, neck, and chest so bad, it was doubtful that he was even going to live, for a while. She went to jail and he is permanently disfigured and dealing with years of skin-grafts.
                            I wonder if that would be considered absolute deterrence?
                            sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
                              I wonder if that would be considered absolute deterrence?
                              Well, my comment was, "Perhaps she would have been better off to have thrown it on his crotch..." Heh...
                              Sure, that badge will get you midgets, but those midgets will get that badge!

The more I learn about people, the more I prefer the company of my dogs.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5019 users online. 343 members and 4676 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X