300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
    As is her habit...she didn't say word one about it. She did tell me it arrived and that was that.

No wonder I sometimes go through life trying to figure out if I've done the right thing!
    Remember there isn't a guide for parents to follow. You do the best with what you have and know... to build a foundation. It is your choice on what to build on that foundation.

It's a cycle that hopefully continues with generations to follow.

No need to wonder....your mom built you a strong foundation...and I have no doubt you've chosen the right structure.
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Hi Keith,

Thanks for sharing.

Even a bad Mom is sacred, because she gave someone birth, but a good Mom is glorious.

You may be aware that Parkinsonism, while very damaging to motor skills, is not very damaging to intellectual ability or to memory.

That means Mom is probably still very sharp mentally.

Parkinsonism is apparently related to nitric oxide bringing about destruction of cells in the intracranial substantia nigra (darker-colored cells) area that produces relatively large amounts of the neurotransmitter dopamine.

The destruction of the cells results in a reduction of availabilty of dopamine, and that has impact on other neurotransmitter activity, and that produces motor function problems.

Thoughts and prayers for your inspirational Mom and for you and for all of your family and friends in this Christmas season and beyond.

Sincerely,

Monty
      Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 12-23-2009, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Thanks Keith and safe journeys!
        "Inside me is something that is too stupid to quit. I don't know where it comes from or why it is, but it is there and always has been."

Comment

If I recall corrrectly (not feeling like doing my homework), you have posted another lengthy thread post about your mom in the past. I hope she is able to enjoy her time left with you, with you, Keith.

God be with you.

Comment

I hope everything works out for you Kieth.
            Looking for a Seattle criminal lawyer.

Comment

Bump - she passed away, a week ago, April 24, 2019.

On April 22, at 0630 I got a call that my mom has taken a sudden turn for the worse. I debated whether I should come, or go to work. I packed a bag, threw it in the car, but still headed to the office.

I got two miles toward work, then flipped a U-turn. I still struggled with what I was doing, for about 30 minutes. I should tell you that my part of the world was cold, wet and misty. About half way to I-70 there was a moment that told me I was doing the right thing.

...The radio station I usually listen to lost it’s clear signal, so I hit buttons searching for something new to listen to. At that precise moment, the fog lifted from my part of the road. Like Brigadoon from the mist, my part of the road was clear. The scenery suddenly worth viewing and this song came on:
              https://youtu.be/lZu7mfYS_VY
              I then knew the journey was right. I arrived just a few moments ago. She’s still with us, her eyes are open and blinking. She does not seem to know I’m here. But I’m glad I am.

"You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

On April 22, at 0630 I got a call that my mom has taken a sudden turn for the worse. I debated whether I should come, or go to work. I packed a bag, threw it in the car, but still headed to the office.

I got two miles toward work, then flipped a U-turn. I still struggled with what I was doing, for about 30 minutes. I should tell you that my part of the world was cold, wet and misty. About half way to I-70 there was a moment that told me I was doing the right thing.

...The radio station I usually listen to lost it’s clear signal, so I hit buttons searching for something new to listen to. At that precise moment, the fog lifted from my part of the road. Like Brigadoon from the mist, my part of the road was clear. The scenery suddenly worth viewing and this song came on:
                I then knew the journey was right. I arrived just a few moments ago. She’s still with us, her eyes are open and blinking. She does not seem to know I’m here. But I’m glad I am.
                Sorry for your loss Kieth
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Sorry for your loss.
                  "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
                  Not Yet Visited: 16
                  Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

• Kieth M.
                    Kieth M. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks, BBB, long time, no see. Hope you and your Athletics are well.

• BaseballBabe
                    BaseballBabe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I actually haven't been to a game in a long time. I'm camping, hiking and doing photography now.

Keith,

I don't get on this site all too often anymore, so I am just now reading this. Sorry for your loss. I am now seeing, from the front row, my parents physical and mental decline. Both are in assisted living. Thank you for sharing your story.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9895 users online. 388 members and 9507 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X